Moving a Valley Bar Table

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in purchasing a Valley Bar Table for my gameroom. I know that the 4 legs just unbolt from the table. My question is, am I able to just carry the table top and load it in a trailer? How heavy is it? The table is currently upstairs, so I know I would need at least 2-3 buddies to help me out. I've only had 8 and 9 ft tables before, and those have always had to be broken down and then reassembled. I don't want to have to pay to have it broken down, since I will be replacing the cushions and felt at a later date. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_231830_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_231830_Facebook.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 24

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are pretty heavy.
450ish.

Bring a Phillips screw driver and nut driver. You can take the metal edge off all 4 sides. Then unbolt each rail which is held with 3 horizontal bolts each. Then you can lift out the slate separately to get the weight down. Just lift from each end by pulling up from the corners...don't pinch your fingers.

You can slide the box on its side downstairs. Cover it with of cardboard and keep coin slot up if it has one. Have someone slow its decent from above and below. There's 2 handholds to pick them up...but the bix it pretty heavy. If you have furniture dollies one or two and you can roll it out on its side. 4 guys can pick up the box easy enough, flat with one each corner...2 guys if they are strong.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don’t break down really.. the legs come off. You can take the slate out easy by just popping off the rails that will only take a few minutes to do. you just unscrew that chrome ring around the table and under that will be long screws that go through the wood and into the back of the rail . Unscrew them and the rails pop right off and you can lift the slate out.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The slate is definitely the easy part, it has natural grip points(pocket cut outs).
The box was brutal for me and I have moved a few. They seem to weigh more than the slate and not much to hang on to when they are on their sides, stairs/doors.

Cuebuddy>>>back just started hurting.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The slate is definitely the easy part, it has natural grip points(pocket cut outs).
The box was brutal for me and I have moved a few. They seem to weigh more than the slate and not much to hang on to when they are on their sides, stairs/doors.

Cuebuddy>>>back just started hurting.
we may say that valleys play to easy or to sloppy But their tables are made to take a beating and you can tell when you have to carry them lol

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Great American, which is pretty much a clone of the Valley. Three fairly large guys delivered and set it up. As was said earlier, the slate comes out easily after removing the rails, and with the legs off, that big box is a lot more manageable. They had to carry everything down 8 steps to get into my basement, which they did in a few trips without much issue. Table went together easily after that and they even put new cloth on as a part of the deal, which they did while I watched, not hard at all.
I think you and two or three buddies should be able to handle it. Have some straps and dollies to make the job easier, take your time, and should be no problem.