Murray Tucker

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Murray Tucker for sale. Three shafts. $1450. Cue is 58", Weight is 18 7/8, 18 3/4, 19 1/8 oz. depending on shaft. Two shafts,13mm with ivory ferrules were made by Murray when he refinished the cue. One original shaft is 12.25mm with melemine ferrule. 5/16 stainless steel joint. Birds eye maple forearm. Gaboon ebony points with white, blue, orange and black veneers. Black leather wrap. Butt is Gaboon ebony with an ivory Hoppe ring. Letter of provenance from B.Murray Tucker III
Cue was built in 2002 for the Florida Spirit Tour.
Tucker10046.JPG

Tucker0005.JPG

Tucker10048.JPG

Glen

Last edited:

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Waldo's said:
very nice looking cue!! What are the inserts on the shafts made from?
Looks like Phenolic. He used these inserts to keep the weight down.
Glen

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
lenoxmjs said:
Very nice offering. Murrary's stuff doesn't come up for sale that often.
I know, you do not see many Tuckers for sale. Bump for a fantastic cue.
Glen

dafish1970

LQQK OUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
mr. tucker was kinda enought to make me a ebony butterfly cue in about 2002,cue was just jam-up,needed sum cash for a move and sold it.(iknow,i know) pm him on here and hes not making cues right now,when i picked mine up he had sum MONSTER playing sneaky pete style cues,hopefully he stars makeing them again..beatifull cue goodluck...

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
What are the shaft dia's? Ferrul material? Is the hoppe ring Ivory?

Did Murray make all the shafts?

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
lenoxmjs said:
What are the shaft dia's? Ferrul material? Is the hoppe ring Ivory?

Did Murray make all the shafts?

I updated my listing. I hope this clears up any confusion. I believe Murray calls this cue the "gator".
Glen

nor_daens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Think I will take it!

Glen tried to call you no answer. Ready to deal. I had contacted you earlier in the week about a Frey cue. After reading about Murray decided I will pull the trigger on the Gator.

Ron 928-830-1913

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
nor_daens said:
Good to talk to you Glen.

Have set up escrow and pm to come from marcus.

Thanks ron:grin:

Congrats Ron...you have now been Tucker-ized! :thumbup: You picked up a real honey of a cue, and I would be shocked if you were not happy with the quality as well as play of this cue.

Should you ever need any work done on the cue, please feel free to contact Murray directly, as his cues are his 'babies' and he really prefers to be the only one to work on them.

Congrats again!!

Lisa