My Experience With A Cuemaker---A Good One!

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
So...I read A LOT on this forum, and too much of the content is negative. I thought I could put some positive experiences in writing.

This past weekend, at our VNEA state tournament, I finally met Bob Dzuricky(I hope I spelled it correctly Bob!), and it was to my great pleasure to have done so. Bob is such a gracious fellow, and as helpful as I could ever hope for in a cue maker. I really love that he would come to the event as a spectator and mingle with all the players. It is great for people, like myself, that put cue makers high on their lists of people they would love to meet. It is nice to be able to talk to someone, face to face, that you would like to do business with. And I will absolutely be doing business with Bob. I am in no way an expert in cues, but neither am I an idiot. I had the chance to evaluate some of Bob's work, and I was very impressed. And I do mean very. His cues, in my opinion, play superb. So again, thank you Bob.

I also was able to meet AZ's very own pooldawg8. Since doing so, I now have a new friend, which I value greatly. Jeff's team and my team ended up squaring off fairly deep into the tournament, and it was a very close and hard fought match. And also a great deal of fun. They were all great guys, and great shots.

I love pool, and I love AZ. If it was not for AZ, I wouldn't have had these two great experiences. I see so much negativity any more, that I wanted to post a thread that had something positive to say. Thanks all!

Braden

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dz

So...I read A LOT on this forum, and too much of the content is negative. I thought I could put some positive experiences in writing.

This past weekend, at our VNEA state tournament, I finally met Bob Dzuricky(I hope I spelled it correctly Bob!), and it was to my great pleasure to have done so. Bob is such a gracious fellow, and as helpful as I could ever hope for in a cue maker. I really love that he would come to the event as a spectator and mingle with all the players. It is great for people, like myself, that put cue makers high on their lists of people they would love to meet. It is nice to be able to talk to someone, face to face, that you would like to do business with. And I will absolutely be doing business with Bob. I am in no way an expert in cues, but neither am I an idiot. I had the chance to evaluate some of Bob's work, and I was very impressed. And I do mean very. His cues, in my opinion, play superb. So again, thank you Bob.

I also was able to meet AZ's very own pooldawg8. Since doing so, I now have a new friend, which I value greatly. Jeff's team and my team ended up squaring off fairly deep into the tournament, and it was a very close and hard fought match. And also a great deal of fun. They were all great guys, and great shots.

I love pool, and I love AZ. If it was not for AZ, I wouldn't have had these two great experiences. I see so much negativity any more, that I wanted to post a thread that had something positive to say. Thanks all!

Braden

Yes , Bob is great to work with. Delivers in every part of the build. High quality pics of entire build. Keeps you pumped. You get a great playing stick, beautiful finish, and an education if you want it! I stopped counting after about fifty emails. Great communicator. Several times I gave him creative license as I have no real sense of style or creativity! LOL. My cue is in his finished cue section. Row four, last two pics on right. Different. I get lots of positive comments especially from the no-wrap fraternity. He also makes a shaft with secret stuff in it! Can't say more about it cause it's secret. Ask him.

dzcues

Silver Member
great weekend!

Braden, it was great to meet you, too. I was also lucky enough to run into Jeff (pooldawg8). I enjoyed discussing cues, pool & AZ with both of you. However, my reasons for attending the tournament are more selfish than you ascribe to me. I just miss playing & I appreciate watching good pool.

I was also embarrassed to see the DZ cue your captain, Mark, picked up. To the sharp inlay lovers: you would have puked had you seen it. I almost did. It was one of the first CNC cues I built and apparently, the only cutter I had was 1/8" diameter. However, it was reassuring to see that it was still straight & hit solid.

If you're interested in the outcome of the tournament, my son's team met Bruce Mowery's team (Cornerstone) in the finals & prevailed for the 2nd yr in a row. There was a TV crew that gave this severely edited spot on the news Sunday night.

Also, there are many pictures of the tournament at this LINK. Braden can be found in picture #10 but he's trying to remain incognito. Sorry, Braden :)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Like the NEWS Business, only BAD NEWS gets a lot of attention. Good NEWS make the NEWS on SLOW NEWS DAYS!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Kikel!

I am super happy to see this thread because I was thinking about this just the other day. The cuemaker I am putting on this thread as an all around great guy to do business with is Dave Kikel. He is in the process of building me a high end cue. He helped me with the design and is a great guy to work with, already said that didn't I... LOL!!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

Braden

It's always fun to meet cuemakers at those tournaments, but I don't know about pooldawg8, the Dawg Dud guy.
I hope you at least got a free milk dud tip...:smile:
It wouldn't of surprised if Jeff looked at your cue, and tried to talk you into a new Dawg Dud right in the middle of the match.
A typical sharking move by one of those tip guys.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Braden
I had a great time meeting with both you & Bob at the state tourny. It was really great to put a face with an azb name.
Hey Ted
I didn`t ask Braden if he needed a milk dud tip while he was shooting, but maybe I should have & maybe he would have missed a shot or two during our match. lol
Braden give me a call if you need me for a sub for your tourny in May, I`d love to come up & play on your team. Take care & let me know if you need something.
Jeff