My Home Pool Room Journey

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
You can also replace one carpet tile if you get a nasty stain too.

Another good point. I’m pretty sure we are going with these.
b172cbb319b76b787c7b89aa6c6033b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

I think that's the ones Bignick went with and they look really good in his room! You won't be disappointed! Now, on spreading the pressure sensitive adhesive, use a 1/4" nap paint roller on a stick and it will apply like a dream...Damn a trowel! Ask me how I know... lol

runout1961

Silver Member
I think that's the ones Bignick went with and they look really good in his room! You won't be disappointed! Now, on spreading the pressure sensitive adhesive, use a 1/4" nap paint roller on a stick and it will apply like a dream...Damn a trowel! Ask me how I know... lol

Lol will do. Thanks for the tip. This option makes the most sense right now. It’s just a basement/lower level game room. These tiles will do just fine.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't been following but now interested to go back and read more! Couple thoughts .... I would go ahead and insulate / drywall the ceiling now because you will need to install a light and its a bitch to work around the light and table later on. Carpet tiles are great, I don't recommend the double sided tape installation method. Glue down is best but don't use too much. If the glue seeps up through the seams it will get dirty and you will have black glue marks. I used a cheapie paint brush and just used the glue on the perimeter of each tile. Worked great! Look forward to more completion pics!

runout1961

Silver Member
Haven't been following but now interested to go back and read more! Couple thoughts .... I would go ahead and insulate / drywall the ceiling now because you will need to install a light and its a bitch to work around the light and table later on. Carpet tiles are great, I don't recommend the double sided tape installation method. Glue down is best but don't use too much. If the glue seeps up through the seams it will get dirty and you will have black glue marks. I used a cheapie paint brush and just used the glue on the perimeter of each tile. Worked great! Look forward to more completion pics!

Thank you. I appreciate it. I’ll keep that in mind with the adhesive.

Geosnookery

I’ve never used carpet tiles. A positive is that with a deadline and some unforeseen happening, they could be positioned and dried laid. Then the tiles glued down where the table will be placed and the rest lifted.

Re the ceiling. I have a finished basement. I sound insulated, dry walled, etc 2 rooms. A couple years later I finished another room and sprayed the ceiling
white...I actually like the look. I thought the joists m etc would look ‘so so’ but actually classy looking and I prefer it to the finished drywall.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member

Order a sample of those. The ones with the cream color stain hella bad with just regular traffic. Black and grey will hide everything better.

I ended up using the Midnight color.

And let the glue dry for a bit so you can peel them up later if one gets ruined. If you put them down right after applying glue they stay stuck forever, lol. And 8cree is right, I troweled and it was much more time consuming than the rollers

That room is gonna be badass sir!!!

runout1961

Silver Member
I’ve never used carpet tiles. A positive is that with a deadline and some unforeseen happening, they could be positioned and dried laid. Then the tiles glued down where the table will be placed and the rest lifted.

Re the ceiling. I have a finished basement. I sound insulated, dry walled, etc 2 rooms. A couple years later I finished another room and sprayed the ceiling
white...I actually like the look. I thought the joists m etc would look ‘so so’ but actually classy looking and I prefer it to the finished drywall.

I’m really not wanting traditional drywall. Glad to hear you like the painted look that you did. We are almost 100% on painting all of ours black and being done with it. Then later, as time and money allows, replace the old copper pipes with pex, insulate everything and put a nice drop ceiling in.

Order a sample of those. The ones with the cream color stain hella bad with just regular traffic. Black and grey will hide everything better.

I ended up using the Midnight color.

And let the glue dry for a bit so you can peel them up later if one gets ruined. If you put them down right after applying glue they stay stuck forever, lol. And 8cree is right, I troweled and it was much more time consuming than the rollers

That room is gonna be badass sir!!!

Thanks man, I hope so. After seeing your room in the private message, I’m definitely going with the midnight color. Cool to see we have the same taste in wall material too. Thanks for the tip about the tiles. I’ll keep that in mind when doing ours.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you still have the sweet old GC?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Oscar - Pool Table 911 - 6092766687
Lou - Players Choice - 2153805750

Two of the best table mechanics in the area if not the country. Both are extremely knowledgeable and wizards when it comes to working on these tables. Bob, the owner of Drexeline wouldn’t let anyone else touch his tables except those two. Save yourself a lot of time and headaches and go with one of those two guys.

Will do! Thanks! I saved the numbers!

runout1961

Silver Member
Not the most exciting update but I made two stops after work today before heading home. Picked up a nice used set of centennials (should clean up nicely) at a steal of a price then went and got a jump start on gathering the wall material.
321bac2d60ebe8f483bcacf99bd9e1d3.jpg

6b41508f214861e9e781bb3ef3ae8a34.jpg

runout1961

Silver Member
Got some more framing and insulation done today. Framing should be done tomorrow hopefully. My father in law will be tackling the framing while iim digging out/pouring the two footers. Footers will be 24x24x12” deep. One should be easy and the other will be a pain in the ass. 25% of the second footer sits right under the furnace. Not sure how that’s going to go.

Getting the room cleaned up and prepped then headed to bed. Cut the grass tomorrow for the first time (1.2 acres) around 8am then jump right in the footers. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

17 days until I have to have the room finished out to get my gold crown installed.
7ac1d429203cb58adab49d5e1e1c3dec.jpg

1abeff8a930278ff7229aa95524061a2.jpg

8b58f84b9c53fd2f1ec642492746b3f1.jpg

464f34c0b83af10b652a000f74600678.jpg

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
You were rolling on this project before I could comment, walls up, deadline etc.
Best subfloor I ever came across.
100% waterproof with the grooves underneath.
I built my walls on top of it.
I solved ALL former water problems.
But I recently had a dehumidifier problem.
Floor paid for itself. (Problem flowed underneath thankfully) I see you have a walkout basement but you never know.
At least make it a point to get a catch pan under those HW heaters and pipe them to a drain.
Good luck!
Maybe others can benefit from this.
Did mine in 2013. Stuff was new then.
1000% better than the wood types.

runout1961

Silver Member
You were rolling on this project before I could comment, walls up, deadline etc.
Floor paid for itself. (Problem flowed underneath thankfully) I see you have a walkout basement but you never know.
At least make it a point to get a catch pan under those HW heaters and pipe them to a drain.
Good luck!

That looks a nice product. There’s a lot of products out there that you could easily spend some good money on. We simply don’t have the funds for it so we’re going bare bones with this build out for now.

One good thing about this place is that my great uncle put in a few swales years ago to divert all the water away from the house. In their first couple years they lost the basement due to rain flooding a few times. Ever since they put in the swales, they haven’t had a problem since. When I demo’d the lower level, there wasn’t a single trace of any moisture problems. They never had a problem with it.

Then we come along and the basement floods out four times now in a month. Water from inside the house though. But those issues are resolved. Mostly operator error.

The below pic probably doesn’t make sense to anyone but me. Trying to figure out where to put the new lally columns and what kind of space I’ll have before I dig the footers tomorrow. Anyway, I clearly need to head to bed.
63f1147671f5a669e65db19442b2ced2.jpg

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck!
That is pretty standard code now. They also will want the pressure relief valve outlet piped outside or into a drain. I went through this not long ago on Water Heaters mounted away from exterior walls. Another solution is a safety device called a leak stop . It requires 120 V AC and usually has a battery back up. It has a sensor for the ground and a valve on the inlet pipe to Water Heaters. It your tank pops it senses the water on the floor and shuts off the flow of water into the tank.. 40-50 gallons of water vs 100's.................

Last edited:

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks man. I appreciate that. Running out of time. Deadline is getting close.

I am a contractor. I used the carpet tiles in my basement office because of some occasional water infiltration. I carefully fit all the tiles tightly and did not use any glue. When any water gets in I just life the tiles and dry the floor and the tiles out and put them back in place. I don't know if certain tiles NEED glue but I have had not issue with the method I used on my tiles.
good luck