My Home Pool Room Journey

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Damn, a wife, a girlfriend and a pool room that is almost finished. Amazing! :ninja: (y)

That’s how I roll dude. Lol. “Almost” finished. I feel like I’m still far from the finish line but at least the table is getting installed Tuesday.

Progress, progress, progress. Soon you will be running out and living the dream.

I hope so! It’s been 7 years since I’ve had a table at home. I’ve thought about this lower level conversion ever since my second cousin said he’d sell the house to us if we wanted it. Definitely surreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

runout1961

Silver Member
Just scored some more items from Bob (Drexeline) for my room.

The first pic is of a poster that I’ve been after for quite a while. Not a lot of them out there. Or they don’t pop up very often. About 10 or so years ago (somewhere around there) I had this poster hanging in my home pool room in my old house in Texas. When things went south for me back then, I sold it and have not seen another one since. The second pic below is of this poster hanging in my old room. Bob agreed to let it go and it will hang proudly in my new home pool room when it’s finished.

The third pic is of some old dufferin house cues and a floor cue rack. Also from Drexeline.

The fourth pic is of the 14th or 15th truck full of debris I’ve dumped at work since this project started.

Now headed home to keep moving and get things done. My lady is back at home getting the painting done in the new pool room. Hope to get the Brunswick table light hung tonight.
965d9c89453155677f36487dfa1cf704.jpg

a4eb52a87d1cd21c0d809a63c27ed0ed.jpg

546ebfc5b9d5f89479bc37a858ddef18.jpg

ceb8dbeb0f921b64eddd36cfc6491d6d.jpg

Last edited:

runout1961

Silver Member
In the first pic below there are four holes in the ducts that need to be resolved. The first of the four is done. The pool table light will cover that one up. That was the air vent that had a duct down to the floor with a vent on the wall of the den side. It’s closed now.

The biggest hole you see was for a humidifier that hasn’t worked in many years. Power wasn’t even connected to it anymore. That came out. That’s where the new 3-way air vent will be. The other two smaller holes are for the return side. Still have to order the galvanized vent covers for the three of those.
7ff6e7c1ddc02874a055cc626ff19564.jpg

240bb718e0501c2c3d4e9ce8db600e8c.jpg

1e7c918662c71c5554a356e71c3a15e9.jpg

b1b9377ffde404c21511d0947928e8ac.jpg

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paint dripped everywhere. I also forgot to put the purge tube into the feed bucket and lost at least a gallon and a half of paint on the floor in the matter of seconds. Good thing we still had a lot of dirt leftover from digging out the footers. Took out all that dirt just to put it back in.

I’m calling it quits for the weekend. Only 9 days left until Oscar from Pool Tables 911 is coming to install my gold crown. Tomorrow’s another day.
b4056fd1d1b189843781f44f0c245fa1.jpg

f6b0f11ee5556b9d0af591e97677eafe.jpg

ea450555727db43c4cb79a205c2ae803.jpg

I can ask this now that you are past it.... How close where you to throwing a stick of dynamite in there and going fishing for a while that day?

runout1961

Silver Member
I can ask this now that you are past it.... How close where you to throwing a stick of dynamite in there and going fishing for a while that day?

Lol. Pretty damn close. At that point, I had enough. Fed up and ready to just throw in the towel and come back to it a few months later. I’m glad we kept going though. There’s been a few hiccups so far. But I’ll never do a project of this magnitude again. That much I know. Or at least not in such a short timespan.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I do not miss those bi-weekly trips to the dump... :ROFLMAO:

Keep up the good work man! You're killing it!(y)

If I didn't learn one thing from your build thread is that my build thread would be seriously lacking in pics! :p

runout1961

Silver Member
I do not miss those bi-weekly trips to the dump... :ROFLMAO:

Keep up the good work man! You're killing it!(y)

If I didn't learn one thing from your build thread is that my build thread would be seriously lacking in pics! :p

Thanks dude! Yeah I’m posting a lot of pics. Mostly, the reason for that is because when this is all done, I’m going to print out all the pictures and put them in an album and have it sit on the mantle. I figured this thread will help remind me of the order things were done in.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Thanks dude! Yeah I’m posting a lot of pics. Mostly, the reason for that is because when this is all done, I’m going to print out all the pictures and put them in an album and have it sit on the mantle. I figured this thread will help remind me of the order things were done in.

Definitely a great reference for reminiscing. BigNick did a similar photo album. I think I may as well!

Not only is a thread like this helpful for you, but for others as well.

runout1961

Silver Member
Definitely a great reference for reminiscing. BigNick did a similar photo album. I think I may as well!

Thank you. Hopefully as people go through this as well, part of what I’ve done will help streamline the process for someone in regards of what to do or even look at what I’ve done with certain things and do it better for their renovation. I wanted to do a lot of things differently but the money was definitely a factor there.

Brunswick light is up!
985bb6562e370674aaf7bec1b1362705.jpg

b18c6325afd6794161ae52f62238a6a1.jpg

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
The Saker gauge is a pretty clever invention. Love this thing.
fa854a163f8f6b6c9e1cde4cbcc96ca1.jpg

That is a great tool that has saved me a lot of time. Another is an old boat builder's tool called a ticking stick. It is great for fitting a surface into an irregular space.

runout1961

Silver Member
That is a great tool that has saved me a lot of time. Another is an old boat builder's tool called a ticking stick. It is great for fitting a surface into an irregular space.

Thanks. I’m going to save that.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, I learned never paint an open ceiling even though the end result is cool.

Geosnookery

Enjoying the progress. Feels like ‘our’ journey.

Reminds me when I built my own house back in 1980. After I finished, I almost wish I had another house to build because I then knew how to do it the right way. It turned out fine but...oh well, that’s how we learn.

I’ll definitely get one of those Saker gauges if I ever redo any flooring. Even when ‘measuring twice, cut once’ I’ve reversed a flooring cut.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Looking good! Very nice looking light. Floor has potent to one of the less stressful items to complete! And it's satisfying seeing it go down row by row.

runout1961

Silver Member
Wow. Taking care of business. This is warp speed work.

Thank you! Doing what we can over here. It’s crunch time!

Yes, I learned never paint an open ceiling even though the end result is cool.

I’ll never do it again. That was terrible.

What flooring is that? Engineered hardwood? Laminate?

Just laminate. That’s all the budget would allow. Didn’t have a ton of choices in this price range.

Enjoying the progress. Feels like ‘our’ journey.

Reminds me when I built my own house back in 1980. After I finished, I almost wish I had another house to build because I then knew how to do it the right way. It turned out fine but...oh well, that’s how we learn.

I’ll definitely get one of those Saker gauges if I ever redo any flooring. Even when ‘measuring twice, cut once’ I’ve reversed a flooring cut.

It’s so easy. The newer version locks the pins in place so there’s no chance at losing the shape. Pretty cool.

Looking good! Very nice looking light. Floor has potent to one of the less stressful items to complete! And it's satisfying seeing it go down row by row.

I don’t know man. This laminate has been a b$tch to install. All good. Getting it done.