My Mike Gulyassey Experience

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I don’t post much, but lurk here all the time. I don’t play very much, but still love the game, and come here to try and keep in touch. My good friend still plays quite a bit, and needed some work done on his sticks. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, we don’t have anybody around to do that any longer.

We decided to make a trip to Greenville and have him do some repair work, and put some tips on.

I ended up buying a stick, even though I don’t play much, and I couldn’t be more impressed with his work, or customer service. I would encourage anybody looking for a stick, whether a custom, or just a good looking playing stick, to get in contact with him.

Also had the pleasure to watch him hit a few balls while “selling” me a stick. Not many times can you buy a stick, and watch someone use it like you only wish you could.

If I ever can find the time to play again, I’ll dang sure see him for lessons. I got two balls better by just watching him.

He makes great sticks, and can use them as good as anyone, and that’s a rare combination. We should all take advantage of that.

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I was worried that because I’m not a regular poster, I would get blasted.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue by Mike.

Great cue maker and he has a respectable resume when it comes to playing pool, also.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I don’t post much, but lurk here all the time. I don’t play very much, but still love the game, and come here to try and keep in touch. My good friend still plays quite a bit, and needed some work done on his sticks. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, we don’t have anybody around to do that any longer.

We decided to make a trip to Greenville and have him do some repair work, and put some tips on.

I ended up buying a stick, even though I don’t play much, and I couldn’t be more impressed with his work, or customer service. I would encourage anybody looking for a stick, whether a custom, or just a good looking playing stick, to get in contact with him.

Also had the pleasure to watch him hit a few balls while “selling” me a stick. Not many times can you buy a stick, and watch someone use it like you only wish you could.

If I ever can find the time to play again, I’ll dang sure see him for lessons. I got two balls better by just watching him.

He makes great sticks, and can use them as good as anyone, and that’s a rare combination. We should all take advantage of that.
....and you didn't post at least five pictures of the cue? 1 year ban, please.

Thanks guys. I was worried .... I would get blasted.

There ya go.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike’s back was becoming increasingly crippling to his game and was becoming increasingly difficult to manage. During [his] last event, Mike Gulyassy defeated Jimmy Reid, Alan Hopkins, Nick Varner, Eferin Reyes and Dallas West in one day and was thinking this might be a good time for him retire. The following day, Mike took his final defeat at the hands of Johnny Archer, and laid his professional Pool playing days to rest.
👏👏👏

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not real good at this, and hope it works.

Attachments

• A4DEC8BC-4976-4B9A-87B3-6642BD6E3FBF.jpeg
    A4DEC8BC-4976-4B9A-87B3-6642BD6E3FBF.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 3083DAF6-2028-48B1-9CE7-6890469B4E14.jpeg
    3083DAF6-2028-48B1-9CE7-6890469B4E14.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 1383772B-E290-4B61-B88E-788FAE1F48CE.jpeg
    1383772B-E290-4B61-B88E-788FAE1F48CE.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 175

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not real good at this, and hope it works.

looks good to me..
I don't anything about owning a custom, but this one has got a unique look to it-
the wood is kind of "dirty" looking, in a good way. is that due to some treatment, or the wood itself?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks good to me..
I don't anything about owning a custom, but this one has got a unique look to it-
the wood is kind of "dirty" looking, in a good way. is that due to some treatment, or the wood itself?
The butt of his cue is black and white ebony. I don’t know what the forearm point wood is.

My Gulyassy is a 60” black and white ebony Merry Widow.

The top shaft is not a Gulyassy shaft.

C6A5DB0E-C4AD-4316-AB81-27F3248E4AE1.jpeg
5BFCECBF-34C3-4748-B063-F9E4A6DBEC83.jpeg
91A8AA9D-A99E-447F-B9DF-7B9DB5D3E818.jpeg
BC2A51BE-6F13-4653-9928-463BE92213FA.jpeg
3456B9B3-0676-4952-AC6F-4E87A06DC0F4.jpeg

Last edited: