My new baby, classy Tascarella

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
I'm just going to steal some of Marc's description for this cue...

If you think Balabushkas and Szambotis had magic hits, well, this particular Tascarella gives most of these classics the 6 and out and all the breaks when it comes to magic hits...

That said, I got to hit my first balls with it last night, and it really does have a special hit IMO. I'm not any sort of great player, but between it's magic, some stroke changes, "new cue syndrome", and some luck, I managed to run 29, 23, and string two innings together for 37 playing straight pool last night, and that's by far the best night I've ever had.

I wasn't planning on making this my playing cue, but ....

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I truly admire this cue. I like everything about it. The black and green veneers are outstanding. Congratulations!

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Classy no doubt.....

Wow this is a super classy Tascarella, I love the green veneers. Nice pick up...:thumbup:

Chris:smile:

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
No one claims they have a bad playing cue ... That's just my opinion.

That's said, I've had cues in my hand with this config (ss joint, ivory ferrules), and they hit hard, with a "ping" sound to them.

It's also really hard to compare without using the same tips. Etc etc etc.

This cue has feel. I think that's the best way to describe it. You bet plenty of feedback. I don't really know what attributes go into having a cue that gives you lots of feedback, but I'm fortunate enough to have a few with very similar characteristics.

-bryan

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on a fantastic Tascarella. I had the pleasure of hitting balls with that cue, here in Colorado. If I didn't have my own magic Tasc I would have bought it myself. That cue has a lot of power in it. It's also more beautiful in person than the pictures, and the wrap is flawless. Use it in good health, and make it your PLAYER!

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
Congratulations on a fantastic Tascarella. I had the pleasure of hitting balls with that cue, here in Colorado. If I didn't have my own magic Tasc I would have bought it myself. That cue has a lot of power in it. It's also more beautiful in person than the pictures, and the wrap is flawless. Use it in good health, and make it your PLAYER!

Thanks! I didn't buy it intending to make it my player, but it just might have cemented it's spot in that position after its first night out. A few more sessions and we'll know for sure.

Though there's not really a bad decision between it and a full splice ebony titleist conversion by scruggs... It's a pretty special cue too. Ivory joint/ferrules, ivory hoppe ring, simple, classic.

dom_poppa

Banned
What is this "hard and ping sound" everyone's talking about?

I was thinking about getting one commissioned by Pete but never shot with one.

Matt Tatum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i love the way this cue jumps out at you, sweet!!............... it amazing what a little confidence will do for you!!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unique

I love the look of Tascarella's but this cue has a special unique look . Like others have said I love those veneers and it is nice to hear you love the way it plays , thanks for showing it.