***My New Custom Case: Thank You Garth Bair***

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Garth Bair of On Q Cases is a very talented and wonderful guy to do business with. Any AZer thinking of having their own case built, I would HIGHLY recommend adding Garth's name to the list. Fast, reasonably priced, and excellent construction is what the customer receives. Plus, he even practices that long, lost art of customer service!!;) This was an awesome experience. Thank you Garth!!!

I hope everyone enjoys the pics. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone!

Braden

Attachments

• 2011-10-24 17.02.41.jpg
    2011-10-24 17.02.41.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 599
  • 2011-10-24 17.00.31.jpg
    2011-10-24 17.00.31.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 587
  • 2011-10-24 17.03.49.jpg
    2011-10-24 17.03.49.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 2011-10-24 17.06.09.jpg
    2011-10-24 17.06.09.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 570
  • 2011-10-24 17.07.48.jpg
    2011-10-24 17.07.48.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 573

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I'm not a collector of cases like a lot of people on AZ, but I really like the concept of matching a case with a cue...great choice on matching the inlays...

Only question now is are you going to have the ring-tail wrap put on the Black Boar??? ;)

Mossburg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice case. Any side pics to show the profile, and zippers for accessing the pockets.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice case

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY onQ CASE FROM GARTH.

SLIM

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
I'm not a collector of cases like a lot of people on AZ, but I really like the concept of matching a case with a cue...great choice on matching the inlays...

Only question now is are you going to have the ring-tail wrap put on the Black Boar??? ;)

Good question JAMS. I have already talked to Tony about making changes to the cue this summer. Do you think the ring-tail wrap would look good? I cannot decide. I was also playing with the idea of black kangaroo or black spanish bull. I would also like to have one of his ivory pronged butt-caps put on. Any one with opinions on the wrap, please give them. And give reasons for your opinions if you have time. Thanks.

Braden

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I've seen the ring-tail on cues where it doesn't work...in fact it looks "cheesy"...

However, I've seen it on other cues, where it seems to complete the cue! I've played several cues (and own a couple) that have lizard, but not the black and white ring-tail...and I like the way lizard feels!

I am going to get it on my break cue eventually!

In my opinion, on this particular cue, it would work because of the color combinations of the veneers and inlays...but that's just my own biased opinion...I know some would say leave the linen on a BB...but I truly believe it will work on this one!!!

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Great case Braden! It looks well built and that it would protect your cues nicely.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the turnaround time to have it made?

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Great case Braden! It looks well built and that it would protect your cues nicely.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the turnaround time to have it made?

I originally spoke to Garth at the end of August, but did not decide to actually do it until a bit into September. Garth said that he was working on a few others, but that they would be completed in about three weeks, and he would then build mine. He said mine would take two to three weeks, and that is exactly what it took. So, I would say about 6 weeks from giving Garth the go-ahead to actually having it in my hands. Now, this is my first custom case, but I thought that was excellent. And he really is a great guy to work with.

As far as the protection, the cues and shafts fit in nice and snug, with absolutely no rattling or movement that I can detect. And, I really like the clasp mechanism. It works very well, and I personally think it looks very stylish.

I am very, very happy with the finished product. It is such a classy compliment to my cues, in my opinion.

Braden

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
I've seen the ring-tail on cues where it doesn't work...in fact it looks "cheesy"...

However, I've seen it on other cues, where it seems to complete the cue! I've played several cues (and own a couple) that have lizard, but not the black and white ring-tail...and I like the way lizard feels!

I am going to get it on my break cue eventually!

In my opinion, on this particular cue, it would work because of the color combinations of the veneers and inlays...but that's just my own biased opinion...I know some would say leave the linen on a BB...but I truly believe it will work on this one!!!

JAMS,
I feel exactly the same way as you do about the ring-tailed wrap. When it works, it really works. But, when it doesn't, it doesn't at all. I do in fact think the Boar could pull it off, and for the same reasons as you. As far as keeping the linen, I do not feel that way at all. As long as Tony is doing the job, I would rather have the exotic wrap. It will be costly, but hell, it's a Boar, right? The cue plays just as well as I always heard, and then some. So, I am leaning towards the ring-tail wrap, but I have some time yet. I will probably wait til after SBE so I can go down there and check out some other wraps and how they feel against my hand before I make my final decision.

Braden

Last edited:

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Super nice...I really like the ring-tailed designs

Tikkler,

Thank you so much for the compliment. I know matching a case to a cue is not every one's cup of tea, but with these colors and designs, I think it really worked out. Plus, it is a Boar, so it should travel in style!:thumbup:
Thanks again.

Braden

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY onQ CASE FROM GARTH.

SLIM

Slim,
I am sorry I did not make it up for the Johnny Appleseed festival. I would have loved to look at your cues and case. Unfortunately, both of my children were battling the flu at the time. I am seeing a girl from Ludlow right now, so I have been relatively close recently. Maybe sometime we could meet up and get a few games in. I could always use some pointers. Seriously!

Braden

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds like a good plan to meet up some time.

Just curious, do you always load your butts joint down?
Myself, i load mine joint up.

SLIM

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
sounds like a good plan to meet up some time.

Just curious, do you always load your butts joint down?
Myself, i load mine joint up.

SLIM

Actually I usually load mine joint up too, but I think the tubes may be a little too snug. I need to give it a try without forcing the issue.

Braden