My new to me Sugartree

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Ok so I've basically been trying to get a Sugartree since the day I joined this site.

I literally joined to make an offer on one when I saw one I REALLY wanted but kept missing out by an hour, a half an hour, 20 minutes... You name it. I kept missing them.

Ended up emailing Eric and he agreed to build me a personal cue, just for me... Unfortunately I'm sure he ended up busy or something but I hadn't heard back from him in quite some time. I understand he's not wanting to build cues full time but REALLY wish I could have/will hopefully one day get a personal made for me Sugartree. Hell, what I want isn't anywhere near as fancy as this one. I want a merry widow with a segmented handle.

But how could I resist this when my friend offered it to me?

I don't think anyone could have said no...

I've never ever hyped up a cue in my head as much as Erics. I knew from the first Sugartree I saw that I had to have one and felt like they would just have to be monster playing cues. After the first few balls I hit with this I couldn't believe it actually exceeded my expectations.

Anyways, I'll get to the pictures now

I want a plain jane and ended up with his fanciest cue to date.. Funny how that one worked out. Still dreaming of my own personal one... One day I hope.

9sdyth.jpg

1tmomt.jpg

10p90qs.jpg

14wvgj5.jpg

2a77tpy.jpg

28c2hox.jpg

2mcj5h2.jpg

2zgb30p.jpg

That's just a hair I didn't notice... Not a scratch

a3cxoh.jpg

If these points aren't even I'd be damn surprised. I can't tell 100% for perfect sure but I'd bet money they were.

dvm0z8.jpg

Titanium pin so cool...

And YES one of those shafts DOES have a small amount of bluing. I know some of your jaws surely just dropped but this is not and will NOT be a closet queen. I play with this cue every single day for several hours. I am very careful with it, mind you, but Eric builds his cues to be PLAYED. Not kept in a damn case or safe.

I'm going to get a photographer friend of mine to take some way better pictures than I'm capable of doing. I just couldn't resist. I've never been happier with a purchase... I REALLY REALLY love this cue.

And NO, don't PM me asking if this cue is for sale. I'd turn you down even if you offered me DOUBLE what I paid. I would consider trading it for a 10th anniversary Sugartree, *maybe*. But even that's probably a no. I love this cue a little more than I think I should.

Thank you SO much Trav. I've never been happier with a cue purchase or really anything I've bought.

Eric, I really really love your work. If you read this please build me a personal player! I don't think anyone likes your work more than I do! lol...

Last edited:

Maik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wooohoow.
This is one of the best cues i ve ever seen! Congraz to this beauty.i got also an sugartree with juniper burl,also an great player

ddadams

Silver Member
Wooohoow.
This is one of the best cues i ve ever seen! Congraz to this beauty.i got also an sugartree with juniper burl,also an great player

I LOVE your juniper burl Sugartree. Wish I had that too!!

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Bet it sure play's great, and I'm super glad to hear your shooting with her, Eric's cues deserve to be played.

nateschade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sugartree

Love it! This and the one Jive posted pics of are my two favorite sugartrees! That's a keeper for sure. Great pick up!

ddadams

Silver Member
I know what it's like to finally catch that dream cue. Congrats my friend! Enjoy it!!!!

Oh, I'm not saying I don't love it, I do... But it isn't exactly my dream cue.

My dream cue would be a segmented handle merry widow from Eric made for me. That's what I really really want.

I'm still hoping one day.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet cue. Glad you are happy with it. Nothing like finding a gorgeous cue that plays as good as it looks.