My Southwest is here......finally.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well a little over 18 years after putting my name on the list, I got my Southwest. It has an ebony nose and cocobolo base, 3 veneers. I specifically bought the King ostrich case to keep it in.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 239

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well a little over 18 years after putting my name on the list, I got my Southwest. It has an ebony nose and cocobolo base, 3 veneers. I specifically bought the King ostrich case to keep it in.
Very classy combination. Enjoy.
😎

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All good things come to those who wait.....Great combination and play that beauty in the greatest of health sir. Thanks for sharing.

-don

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Very nice. I don't have any ebony forearm cues, but I've always thought about them. This is a great example.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice!! Love the cue and the case. Congrats on a beautiful setup!

I've been on the list for about 10 years now. I did get a Satin last year though so that was nice, at least I now know what a South West plays like and I quite like it. Keep it in my King case as well.

Will you be playing with this cue regularly?

I switched to carbon (Revo) over the last year or so and the South West plays so different but there are things about it I really really like. Some shots are harder because of the deflection but some shots I think are better with the South West. If I get jacked up or have to shoot a long shot off the rail there is something about the feel and balance of the South West that just seems to make my stroke track straighter. It's been interesting to experience. Part of me wants to give up all the modern carbon shafted stuff and just play the South West....the other part of me tells me that's a stupid idea, haha

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice!! Love the cue and the case. Congrats on a beautiful setup!
-

I've been on the list for about 10 years now. I did get a Satin last year though so that was nice, at least I now know what a South West plays like and I quite like it. Keep it in my King case as well.

Will you be playing with this cue regularly?

I switched to carbon (Revo) over the last year or so and the South West plays so different but there are things about it I really really like. Some shots are harder because of the deflection but some shots I think are better with the South West. If I get jacked up or have to shoot a long shot off the rail there is something about the feel and balance of the South West that just seems to make my stroke track straighter. It's been interesting to experience. Part of me wants to give up all the modern carbon shafted stuff and just play the South West....the other part of me tells me that's a stupid idea, haha
Slide - No I probably wont play with it much, maybe a little at home. I play with a Gus Szamboti cue that I love.

The Southwest plays great too.

Ken