My Thoughts on the US Bar Table Championships

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well there was some great pool to be watched with a strong field. TAR did a good production of it although commentary could have been a bit better, might just be spoiled from JJ and Cotton recently. The 9 ball was not really fun to watch IMO, the soft break ruined it and just made it too easy for the top guys to just run racks back and forth. They would break, corner ball in, get a shot on the 1 and run out, some might enjoy that but it was boring to me. I think having a rule where so many balls get past the side pocket would make sense so they have to break harder then 3 mph.

I did enjoy the 8 ball, that game on the bar table is fun to watch and interesting because of the pattern play and strategy of it. I did not like the fact that the ladies were given little respect or attention for streaming, I am not saying to stream any two ladies because some are terrible players as are some of the guys and as am I but the finals of the ladies events should all be streamed too. They should also race to same number as the men, I know some say they play slower and do not run out as much but they have a smaller field too.

Ken did a fine job as usual doing double duty as commentator and tournament official, he is awesome. The scorecard fiasco which can be seen in the action room which resulted in some of the bettors having issues was dealt with by CSI with them making a rule that the players needed to have the cards with them at the match and not fill it out after the match was over at the desk, if they did not do this the match would restart.

The players need to report the correct score not just because people are betting on it but because people are following it online also on the CTS system. The scorecard in question that caused all the ruckus in the action room should have been filled out by both players and signed to make it official, the one shown here which caused the problem is incomplete with no score or signature from the match.

A scorecard should not be official unless it is filled out by both players and signed. I know some will say that the players have no obligation to people betting, they do not you are right but those people betting do buy the PPVs and support the event so the scores should be reported accurately so the event continues to have the support it gets.

This is just my opinion on the event, it was a great event and was fun to watch for the most part but these opinions I have and input are just mine. Feel free to post yours.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8174.jpg
    IMG_8174.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 719
I agree. I played in all three events and the soft breaking was sad to watch. Luckily I was not subject to it in my matches, but my buddies were. I liked that they did a draw of a receipt for paid entries next year. I think TAR did a great stream. The venue was great. Got food poisoning Monday night, but all other food was great. Oddly, 8 ball was my favorite event. Granted, this was probably due to me playing my best and cashing, but overall I will go back. Oh, one thing. I emailed CSI to see if there was a dress code. They said dress code B, which means collared shirts and nice jeans or pants. When I played, this was not enforced. I played a guy in sweats and flipflops. I was little pissed to be told one thing and the opposite to occur.
Cheers, Mark
 
Last edited:
I watched the stream and was very pleased with the quality of the stream and Ken's insight to the game. I agree that the Women's Finals should all be streamed, they paid their entry and should be treated with that respect of being showcased, IMO.
My favorite division to watch was the 8-Ball, followed by 10-Ball. I am not much of a 9-Ball fan.
Congrats to all the winners!
 
I watched the stream and was very pleased with the quality of the stream and Ken's insight to the game. I agree that the Women's Finals should all be streamed, they paid their entry and should be treated with that respect of being showcased, IMO.
My favorite division to watch was the 8-Ball, followed by 10-Ball. I am not much of a 9-Ball fan.
Congrats to all the winners!

The streaming is PPV, if most viewers want to watch the men play than that's what they should get. I was there last year and they put the women's finals on the stream table. IIRC, the viewers had to miss a premium men's match and the viewers hated it.
 
Press Release?

Great tournament, TAR did a good job, Thank you CSI...

The press release on the AZ home page covering the 9 ball is nicely done.

I would like to see a Press Release on the AZ home page covering the 10-ball and 8-ball and All Around... or did I miss those?
 
Last edited:
Amen to the boring ness of the 9ball matches streamed. That soft break was boring.
a. wing ball in pocket
b. cue ball stop dead center maybe inch or two back
c. one ball toward back corner pocket damn near in hole
d. only problem that they had was speed of the ball that went to the side rail and would come back to middle of table.

Seemed like more games were lost with D. than anything else--notably Corey.

Pretty awesome coverage by TAR and crew!
 
Amen to the boring ness of the 9ball matches streamed. That soft break was boring.
a. wing ball in pocket
b. cue ball stop dead center maybe inch or two back
c. one ball toward back corner pocket damn near in hole
d. only problem that they had was speed of the ball that went to the side rail and would come back to middle of table.

Seemed like more games were lost with D. than anything else--notably Corey.

Pretty awesome coverage by TAR and crew!

It was boring but the 8 ball was very good. Good stream though.
 
Back
Top