My Toolbox Lathe

Shiftysmooth

Just The Tip cue repairs
Gold Member
Silver Member
pycoy.jpg

txKJr.jpg

pFbFS.jpg

Finally posting up some pics of my toolbox lathe and Bill the cat custom cue. Im a complete first timer when it comes to working with a lathe, and doing cue repair, but this lathe fits all my needs to a T!

Bassel (or Customcuelathe) has been great to work with to get this, and this is the lathe that Dave of DavesCueRepair has been demoing on youtube, and Dave has been awesome in helping me get my business going. I actually have his set of driver pins he let me borrow until I can buy my own.

I guess the main thing about this lathe is that I can pack it up and take it to league nights with me. I just put a break tip on for a buddy of mine that has been playing and breaking with his Predator because the tip came off his break cue a year ago, and due to no one around here that does tips, he just never got around to making a drive to get one put on. The thing that makes me happy with this lathe was him telling me about that and the fact its nice that he came up to play league and someone is at the pool hall to do the tip for him in a place he planned on being anyway.

I hope that this dosent descend into another stupid bash thread, Im just posting about how good of luck Ive had with this so far, and Bassel and Dave have been there for me every step of the way so far! Ive already got all the house cue business for my usual pool hall, and things seem like that the clientele will build fast being the lone gun here!

I do have to post some other props to Bill The Cat. The cue in the pictures is one of his customs I bought and has been a great player. It took me 2 weeks with the lathe to finally work myself up enough to put my Kamui Black Soft on it, but it came out fine and I have to say, for a hobby, Bill makes a hell of a cue!

AZ has a hell of a community when it comes to helping a clueless new guy out, and I have to tell everyone thanks!!

Kris

Shiftysmooth

Just The Tip cue repairs
Gold Member
Silver Member
I better also say that my wife did an awesome job on the business logo, Just The Tip is open for business!!

fWZWw.png

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Thanks and best of luck to you!

I do have to post some other props to Bill The Cat. The cue in the pictures is one of his customs I bought and has been a great player. It took me 2 weeks with the lathe to finally work myself up enough to put my Kamui Black Soft on it, but it came out fine and I have to say, for a hobby, Bill makes a hell of a cue!

Kris

Thanks for the kind words Kris!

The lathe looks sweet! Sounds like you'll have it paid for in no time.

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
Hey Kris,
Thanks for the kind words if there is anything you need or need to know just call me buddy ok. That cue Bill made looks great i will have to get one of his cues myself...... Thanks Dave

icbm

Registered
Late to the party as usual. Is the toolbox lathe just a repair lathe or is there a taper attachment, router ect. for building. thanx

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
Late to the party as usual. Is the toolbox lathe just a repair lathe or is there a taper attachment, router ect. for building. thanx

Just call Bassel he might be able to add a taper bar to the tool box lathe

248-884-4469

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The toolbox lathe is designed specifically for repair work only, taper bar and router would be an overkill for the package size. Although you can get taper bar and router with my cue building lathe. You can call me or email me at customcuelathes@yahoo.com
248-884-4469
Regards

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pycoy.jpg

txKJr.jpg

pFbFS.jpg

Finally posting up some pics of my toolbox lathe and Bill the cat custom cue. Im a complete first timer when it comes to working with a lathe, and doing cue repair, but this lathe fits all my needs to a T!

Bassel (or Customcuelathe) has been great to work with to get this, and this is the lathe that Dave of DavesCueRepair has been demoing on youtube, and Dave has been awesome in helping me get my business going. I actually have his set of driver pins he let me borrow until I can buy my own.

I guess the main thing about this lathe is that I can pack it up and take it to league nights with me. I just put a break tip on for a buddy of mine that has been playing and breaking with his Predator because the tip came off his break cue a year ago, and due to no one around here that does tips, he just never got around to making a drive to get one put on. The thing that makes me happy with this lathe was him telling me about that and the fact its nice that he came up to play league and someone is at the pool hall to do the tip for him in a place he planned on being anyway.

I hope that this dosent descend into another stupid bash thread, Im just posting about how good of luck Ive had with this so far, and Bassel and Dave have been there for me every step of the way so far! Ive already got all the house cue business for my usual pool hall, and things seem like that the clientele will build fast being the lone gun here!

AZ has a hell of a community when it comes to helping a clueless new guy out, and I have to tell everyone thanks!!

Kris

Kris
I am glad you like the lathe, you should receive the rest of the stuff today or tomorrow. Your are lucky to have a pool hall and league with no cue mechanic near by, I am glad you are capitalizing on that. Best of luck to you, and keep me posted on your progress, by the way great looking logo.( I am still trying to design mine)
Regards