Myrtle beach pool scene

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys just wanted your input on pool in myrtle beach, I live in pawleys island ( 20 minutes south of myrtle) and I only know of one true pool hall. Just trying to find someone to shoot around with or if any has any info on tourneys/ leagues.

Thanks,

Spencer

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are several guys who post here from Myrtle Beach. From what they've said the area is almost all barboxes. Hopefully some of them will post in your thread, and maybe hook up with you.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome yea I haven't ran into many players down here and like I said I know of only one 9' diamond in a 60 mile stretch

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quick google search pulled up Shore thing Billiards https://www.facebook.com/ShoreThingBilliards/info/?tab=page_info
It would seem to me that offering tournaments every Friday night as well as food and drink and I quote "our real live resident pool shark!" and a few other amenities you would not have any trouble getting a good table or competitive game there especially if they are the only one within miles like that. Besides them being the only authorized service rep in South Carolina they should be outstanding.

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I have been to shore thing a few times and they have about ten bar boxes and 1 9' all diamonds but everytime I'm there it's absolutely dead and I have called many times on Friday nights to inquire about there 9 ball tourneys and they never have enough to play. Another downside is during the offseason (October-March I assume) they don't even open till 7pm. I have never seen a cue repair cue onsite either. This is the only true hall I have found. Was hoping some other myrtle beach guys could chime in and point me in the right direction or meet up to shoot some!

Thanks,

Spencer

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I have been to shore thing a few times and they have about ten bar boxes and 1 9' all diamonds but everytime I'm there it's absolutely dead and I have called many times on Friday nights to inquire about there 9 ball tourneys and they never have enough to play. Another downside is during the offseason (October-March I assume) they don't even open till 7pm. I have never seen a cue repair cue onsite either. This is the only true hall I have found. Was hoping some other myrtle beach guys could chime in and point me in the right direction or meet up to shoot some!

Thanks,

Spencer

Wow that is truely sad news. You would think that as the only authorized diamond service rep they would be loaded with Pro ams and smart tables in all sizes. Someone should tell them to update their website to be more accurate and up to date. Their current website had them open around 4 today and it is December. Do they run any specials on table time like monthly, weekly, or daily rates? The way you make it sound it is a wonder how they stay in business at all.

Shughes13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off this not to bash shore thing in any way but just my opinion and experiences.......I don't understand how they r in business. The only special I know of is free pool Sunday's if your drinking but if you want to play on the 9' it's 6$ an hour per person. It's like your being punished to play on a real table!!!!!!! My wife constantly teases me about how I'm going to show up and they will be closed because she knows it's the only pool hall with diamond tables for MILES!!!! I've went on weekends and weekdays and the atmosphere doesn't change.