Nashville TN area pool halls/tournaments

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hundreds? I hope your right. I genuinely do. I’ve made it a point to explore online old school rooms for the last several years.
please list the names/cities of 1/2 dozen or so. I’d love to check them out.
thanks.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hundreds? I hope your right. I genuinely do. I’ve made it a point to explore online old school rooms for the last several years.
please list the names/cities of 1/2 dozen or so. I’d love to check them out.
thanks.
There's one in NC that I played a tournament in, not sure if I will be able to remember where though...fuquay varina comes to mind but maybe I just think that coz it is hilarious.

The one I referenced earlier in Al was in Enterprise, I think.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be heading to the Nashville area, La Verge specifically, in January. Looks like the trip will be week of Feb 6th if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up. Send me a PM with a phone # and I'll get in touch when I'm there.

Anyone live or know the area where to head to play, hopefully with 9 footers and a tournament I can play in?
My trips tend to be Sunday through Thursday.

Don't see anything really good in the area so far, H-Cues looks interesting, but the tables are a bit underwhelming to say the least. They look like someone built them in their backyard out of garbage cans and old workshop tables.

View attachment 673679
Looks like you make friends quick...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like you make friends quick...

I do, I have like 20 phone numbers of players I met on my trips, and keep in touch with many of them regularly. One time I even got to play as a sub on a league match which qualified me to play in their end of year tournament LOL That was fun.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's one in NC that I played a tournament in, not sure if I will be able to remember where though...fuquay varina comes to mind but maybe I just think that coz it is hilarious.

The one I referenced earlier in Al was in Enterprise, I think.
The NC one was this, thanks Mike!

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have stumbled into a couple 1P games there and one set of 10ball.
How did you get action there and who did you play???

I sat at the bar drank beers from 11am until 5 pm then asked who wanted to play some 200$ a game , it works every time 😂 lol . Not sure who I played , just played em one after another for 3 days !!!!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trip is on super bowl sunday, the 12th, flying in early in the day, and have a pass to Studio B tour, then hotel and some pool hall visiting :)

Looks like no tournaments around Nashville happening that week.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So JOB looks to be 7 footers and coin-ops, or do they also do hourly rates? Any 9 footers there?
There is a place called Melrose that looks decent also.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So JOB looks to be 7 footers and coin-ops, or do they also do hourly rates? Any 9 footers there?
There is a place called Melrose that looks decent also.
JOB's has 20+ -7 footers, 3- 9 footers, and a snooker table. All tables can be hourly. Take a minute to walk around the place and notice some of the posters of players that have played there, The camel tour posters, and other memorabilia.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JOB's has 20+ -7 footers, 3- 9 footers, and a snooker table. All tables can be hourly. Take a minute to walk around the place and notice some of the posters of players that have played there, The camel tour posters, and other memorabilia.

Thanks! I did find a tournament at H-Cues on Wed so heading there for that night at least.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go to JOB's take a gas mask if you don't smoke. Hell, i'm a cigar smoker so i'm used to smoke but that place is brutal. It is a no-shit poolroom but they need to go non-smoking.
They will be transitioning to non smoking this year. (y) Not sure when, exactly

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
JOB's has 20+ -7 footers, 3- 9 footers, and a snooker table. All tables can be hourly. Take a minute to walk around the place and notice some of the posters of players that have played there, The camel tour posters, and other memorabilia
I was supposed to go there a week ago to get some cue work done and hit some while I waited.
The guy was super slow to respond that day so I didn't make it down there.
Any action there on the big tables?
Can't find much here in Clarksville.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was supposed to go there a week ago to get some cue work done and hit some while I waited.
The guy was super slow to respond that day so I didn't make it down there.
Any action there on the big tables?
Can't find much here in Clarksville.
Not as much as Huntsville and Bham. I have a friend who played DeLuna 3 k sets in Huntsville. He usually don;t hesitate to jump on the big bx. You would probably know him, he knows Nat and has played in several night deposit tourneys in CLarksville.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trip is on super bowl sunday, the 12th, flying in early in the day, and have a pass to Studio B tour, then hotel and some pool hall visiting :)

Looks like no tournaments around Nashville happening that week.
To bad you will be to far away or you could come play at my house. I got a 9ft Diamond with 6 year old cloth. I don’t gamble but I can play for hours for nothing more than pride. It looks like you would be about 3 1/2 hrs from me though.

JOBs is a nice place tables play good a little smoky but it’s not the first pool room I’ve ever been in that was smoky. I was just there this past weekend.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To bad you will be to far away or you could come play at my house. I got a 9ft Diamond with 6 year old cloth. I don’t gamble but I can play for hours for nothing more than pride. It looks like you would be about 3 1/2 hrs from me though.

JOBs is a nice place tables play good a little smoky but it’s not the first pool room I’ve ever been in that was smoky. I was just there this past weekend.

I have done 1 hr one way drives before, maybe a bit longer, but a 7 hr round trip is a bit much LOL When I was in Ohio not long ago the Predator event was happening that same week and I drove that way a couple of times, was a bit over an hour drive one way. Had a nice Chrystler 300 S as a rental so was not too bad of a drive in that, was hitting 90 at some spots. Almost got a chance to shoot a bit with Fedor (who won the event) since I speak Russian and talked to him for a bit, but he ended up leaving to get some rest for his morning matches before we got a table freed up.

I'm next to the Kamui banner with the red patriots hat :)

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do, I have like 20 phone numbers of players I met on my trips, and keep in touch with many of them regularly. One time I even got to play as a sub on a league match which qualified me to play in their end of year tournament LOL That was fun.
You and I are twins man , we would definitely be friends!!!! My phone is nothing but Alabama John , Florida fishing dude plays pool , Arizona dumbass thought he could win !!!! Lol …… , I remember every single person in my phone that way

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and I are twins man , we would definitely be friends!!!! My phone is nothing but Alabama John , Florida fishing dude plays pool , Arizona dumbass thought he could win !!!! Lol …… , I remember every single person in my phone that way

Let's see, I got "Dave Pool Green Room" "Juyn Indy Pool" "Mike Indy Pool" "Tony Pittsburgh Pool" "William PA Pool" "David Atlanta Pool" "Jim IT Guy AZ billiards", several people from Michigan etc...LOL

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done 1 hr one way drives before, maybe a bit longer, but a 7 hr round trip is a bit much LOL When I was in Ohio not long ago the Predator event was happening that same week and I drove that way a couple of times, was a bit over an hour drive one way. Had a nice Chrystler 300 S as a rental so was not too bad of a drive in that, was hitting 90 at some spots. Almost got a chance to shoot a bit with Fedor (who won the event) since I speak Russian and talked to him for a bit, but he ended up leaving to get some rest for his morning matches before we got a table freed up.

I'm next to the Kamui banner with the red patriots hat :)
I completely understand and I wouldn’t do it either LOL.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Not as much as Huntsville and Bham. I have a friend who played DeLuna 3 k sets in Huntsville. He usually don;t hesitate to jump on the big bx. You would probably know him, he knows Nat and has played in several night deposit tourneys in CLarksville.
I don't know anyone here yet. I'm new to TN.
If they played DeLuna, I'm guessing Henny?
I've played everyone here I could find so far.
I'm matching up with Yardbird in a week or so.
Probably big Shane after that.
A local guy who is always around action said I will be killing mine if I beat Joey.
I replied, "what action?" since it's basically crickets around here for 9's.
If you like bar box pool, this is a helluva place.