National pool cue company

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know anything about National Pool Cue Company? Were they the same outfit as The National Pool Cue Chalk Company? Any info On National Pool Cue Company and the sticks they made would be greatly appreciated.
I can't seem to come up with much

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago area I believe. That's where Meucci, Helmstetter and others (Huebler?) were associated with it. I believe it was an offshoot of National Tournament Chalk. Several great names and ventures are associated with it or rooted in it in some way. You can follow the connections to WICO....which then connects to Gus.....and Viking....and others.....

It seems to be one of the "hubs" in cue history in the late sixties/early seventies. They went on to import cues.

There should be plenty on the web about it and I am sure others will chime in with better and or more specific information.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, chopdoc. There must be more info within these halls. I know that a lot of quality cue makers passed through National on there way up.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know anything about National Pool Cue Company? Were they the same outfit as The National Pool Cue Chalk Company? Any info On National Pool Cue Company and the sticks they made would be greatly appreciated.
I can't seem to come up with much

What was it you are looking for? I know I have some of their catalogs in the attic.

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they make one piece cue before?
I just cam across one with 'National' stamp on it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Do they make one piece cue before?
I just cam across one with 'National' stamp on it.

Yes. Years ago I was offered their long turning machine.
They used single-point tool it bit in turning them.
If you find a straight one, it'd be a miracle.