Need advice from an Olhausen Mechanic

taunt

Registered
I hope it's alright to post this here, if not I'll move it......

I've found an ad on Ft. Smith Craigslist. They have several Olhausen (Signature Series) Huntington 8 foot over-sized tables for sale. They're asking $1000.00 each for them. I searched the site and didn't find anything on them.

The ad says they're in good shape, should I run over and get me one?
Any advice I could get on these would be great. The good, the bad, and the ugly?:wink:

Thanks,
Jack
P.S. I plan on having a Mechanic set it up for me, but I'm planning on tearing it down and transporting it from Arkansas to Oklahoma. How easy is the tear down?

Attachments

• olhausen haritage.jpg
    olhausen haritage.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,746
Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
That looks to me like an Olhausen Huntington:

See here

Olhausen is very protective of its dealers, and very territorial, so you probably won't find a dealer that will advertise their price online. You may have to call a few to find out what they sell the 8' Oversized Huntington for new. to give you an idea.

I'd say $1000 is a fair price though, and the Huntington is a good table. Disassembly is pretty easy and pretty straight forward.

taunt

Registered
That looks to me like an Olhausen Huntington:

See here

Olhausen is very protective of its dealers, and very territorial, so you probably won't find a dealer that will advertise their price online. You may have to call a few to find out what they sell the 8' Oversized Huntington for new. to give you an idea.

I'd say $1000 is a fair price though, and the Huntington is a good table. Disassembly is pretty easy and pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the reply,

You are right, it is a Huntington. I have looked at so many tables and different name tables I got confused and typed the wrong name. I got the first letter right...lol

Thanks again,
Jack

tableman

Silver Member
You may or may not be able to see slate cracks from the bottom. A little tip though, if it has an oval logo on the rail the bumpers will not be bad. If it has a rectangle logo but says "Featuring Accu-Fast cushions" they will not be bad. Accu-Fast cushions last a lifetime. I am an Olhausen dealer. $1000 for a Huntington is a good deal pricewise but look for obvious damage, scratches, chunks of wood missing, etc. PM me if I can be of any help. Good luck!

taunt

Registered
You may or may not be able to see slate cracks from the bottom. A little tip though, if it has an oval logo on the rail the bumpers will not be bad. If it has a rectangle logo but says "Featuring Accu-Fast cushions" they will not be bad. Accu-Fast cushions last a lifetime. I am an Olhausen dealer. $1000 for a Huntington is a good deal pricewise but look for obvious damage, scratches, chunks of wood missing, etc. PM me if I can be of any help. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,

The ad says that the table has Accu-Fast cushions and that the tables are in good shape.

I got a reply back from the seller and he/she said that they had 4 tables left and the table would come with new felt and a set of aramith balls.

I'm going to send an email back and tell them I want one. All I need to do now is find a good mechanic in my area (Muskogee, Oklahoma).

Thanks again,
Jack

P.S. What is the best way to transport slate?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Call One Billiards in Broken Arrow, they deal in Olhausen Tables, and I would ask what the price is for one new just to get an idea. 918.251.7665

As far as someone setting it up, If you want a good mechanic, I would ask Shane (cuephoric) on here, he does excellent work.

http://abestbilliards.com/new-home.html

taunt

Registered
Thank you everyone for the advice and info.

The deal I was working on didn't work out. We (seller and I) had agreed on the price and day of pick up a week and a half in advance. The day of the pick up seller said he was going to contact his friend who had the table in a storage building and get back to me.:eek:

I'm unable to do any lifting due to a MX bike crash and burn a few years back. I had talked a few friends into giving up one of their days off to help me move (80 miles 1 way) the table.... just to find out that the seller couldn't (in a week and a half) get access to the their table.:confused:

So I called off the deal.

Thanks again for all your help and advice,
Jack
P.S. still looking:)