Need advice on cue brand

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there.

I'm looking for a great quality cue with the satifying hit of a Schon and with the deflection of a predator.

Preferably one piece maple shaft. 12.5mm

Which brands make cues like that?

Thanks

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think anybody matches Predator low deflection with a solid maple shaft.

Why not just buy a Schon and a Predator shaft? Pretty classic combo really. Or try the new Schon hybrid shaft....it's really good, played with a friend for a few hours last night.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there.

I'm looking for a great quality cue with the satifying hit of a Schon and with the deflection of a predator.

Thanks

You might want to check out Mezz -- very well made and offer different LD shafts, some of them are 12.5 mm

I do agree with the previous opinion that a Schon with a 314 is a very nice cue !!

Good luck.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Hi there.

Thanks

Schon does, though it would be a hybrid shaft.

Get a short light ferrule put on the cue, and I'm guessing you'd like it.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Hi there.

Thanks

A Schon with a Predator shaft is a great combination.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Mezz- wx700 or expro shaft. They are not solid maple but feel like one

They do make a solid maple shaft, it just isn't LD.

I'm with you on the 700 shaft. I've been playing with one for a while now and will continue for the foreseeable future.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joss "The Natural" or Mezz WX700, Hybrid Pro II, EX Pro.
They are all one piece maple, 12.5mm tip diameter.
EX Pro has the lowest deflection.

steveL75121

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci cues with a Predator 314-2 shaft !

Pretty much any Meucci Original Cue with a Predator shaft! I prefer 314-2 myself with a Elkmaster tip.

Budget Billiards will even match the collar of a Meucci cue with a Predator shaft if you buy it from them!

Steve

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there.

Thanks

You can get an LD one piece shaft easily, it's not the composite constructions that makes the shafts low deflection, it's the construction of the ferrule and maybe last few inches of the shaft that does it.

Although I have not tried many custom LD shafts, Mike Webb makes an amazing feeling LD shaft. If I did not already have 4 LD shafts between mine and my son's, I'd buy one for myself.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I have an OB Plus Classic that I really like a lot. I use it on both my Joss and my Schon. Not sure about other online companies, but Seyberts does offer to turn them down for an extra $35

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Cues

Hi there.

Thanks

I seen a used Bobby Hunter In the for sale section for 700.00 .
Very very tempting

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No stores sells them nearby. I could buy one today but I want to be sure. Which joint out of the united and wavy has the nicest *thunk* feel to them?

I have played with both and they hit the same .. I could not tell the difference.

However I greatly prefer the united joint because of it's strength and durability. The United joint cues are slightly more forward balanced, that I could notice, and I favor the United joint for both of these reasons.

Seybert's used to have a very good return policy on new cues, and probably still do. You could get a new cue, play it several times and return it if you did not want it.

Good rolls.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Have you thought about buying a schon with a predator shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you thought about buying a schon with a predator shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Clap+0.0.0.gif

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Sure, the Captain Obvious answer is to get any butt and slap a Predator shaft on it. Dont know if it is problematic to get a Predator shaft on a Mezz cue... never attempted.

However.... if you want a cue that is ready to go and all in one awesome.... McDermott is the best choice in my opinion.

G415-.jpg

Lesh