Need Help Identifying This Palmer

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
This was a friends every day player. It was purchased in Norfolk Va in 1985. He recently stopped playing with it because someone told him it was worth some money. I told him 3 yrs ago I thought it was probably worth $1500, but what do I know. Someone else who he believes is in the know told him it was worth money and he started shooting with an el cheapo McDermott he found on Craigs list.

Can one of you palmer guys tell me about this cue and what it's approximate value is? The ferrule is ivory, inlays look like mother of pearl, and it rolls straight together and apart.

Thanks much.

:cool:

palmer1.JPG

palmer2.JPG

palmer3.JPG

palmer4.JPG

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DelaWho??? said:
This was a friends every day player. It was purchased in Norfolk Va in 1985. He recently stopped playing with it because someone told him it was worth some money. I told him 3 yrs ago I thought it was probably worth $1500, but what do I know. Someone else who he believes is in the know told him it was worth money and he started shooting with an el cheapo McDermott he found on Craigs list.

Can one of you palmer guys tell me about this cue and what it's approximate value is? The ferrule is ivory, inlays look like mother of pearl, and it rolls straight together and apart.

Thanks much.

:cool:

View attachment 84976

View attachment 84977

View attachment 84978

View attachment 84979

I don't think it has the value you believe. It looks like one of those that were made over seas and not an "Original Palmer". It may in fact not be worth very much at all.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes, a Palmer PB-8 from the 1980's. These cues were a production line built by Adam Cues in Japan to Palmer specs.
These were sturdy cues and I think they are good playing cues as are most early Adam cues.
In good condition these cues go for about $400 on e-bay. They were very popular cues but are not seen for sale as often as they once were.

You can look up a lot of information about Palmer cues on my web site: http://palmercollector.com

Chris