Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot - buyer problem

Hello ,

I had the Willie Mosconi replica Adam Balabushka cue for sale , I had a guy , I believe he is a member here , talk to me on messenger for 3 hrs about it and then finally agree on price $ 800 shipped to him . He sends funds thru Paypal and they take out fees so $ 776.50 is sent to me. So the next Morning My Son packs the cue and heads to the post office to ship when the guy sends me a messeage saying his wife found out and he wants his money back. He told me he would refuse the package if I sent it and wants his money back asap. I already tranferred the money to my bank account so my son could get it . So luckly I catch my Son as he is line at the counter to ship it and tell him not to . I find out that to I have to wait 3 days for the money to deposit into my account. So on the3rd day it does deposit, I then go back to my paypal and send him a payment of $ 776.50 . He gets it and it takes out another $ 23.50 so he get's $ 750.00 . So he just refunds me back the money I sent him which takes another 5 days. So I try to do a refund because he wants back the $ 800 he sent originally and it won't let me do it . It says that I have to link my bank or card to my paypal account to add the funds and it won't let me do that either as I keep getting a error code everytime I try , I cannot get Paypal to call me back as they say they are short staffed and way behind. The buyer will not take back the $ 750 and said he would file a dispute thru paypal but I read on the site that as long as I respond in 10 days that they have 30 days to come to a decsion , I do not want this guy's money sitting in my account , I told him to take the $ 750 and get with paypal on the fees as they took them I did not . What do you do in this situation for you guys who deal with paypal.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
What in the hell is a willie mosconi replica balabushka??!

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What in the hell is a willie mosconi replica balabushka??!

Sorry , Adam Balasbuska , replica of the cue that George Built for Willie. I forgot to tyoe that in figuring most would know what I was talking about as it was posted here for sale for my Son.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Hello ,

I had the Willie Mosconi replica Adam Balabushka cue for sale , I had a guy , I believe he is a member here , talk to me on messenger for 3 hrs about it and then finally agree on price $ 800 shipped to him . He sends funds thru Paypal and they take out fees so $ 776.50 is sent to me. So the next Morning My Son packs the cue and heads to the post office to ship when the guy sends me a messeage saying his wife found out and he wants his money back. He told me he would refuse the package if I sent it and wants his money back asap. I already tranferred the money to my bank account so my son could get it . So luckly I catch my Son as he is line at the counter to ship it and tell him not to . I find out that to I have to wait 3 days for the money to deposit into my account. So on the3rd day it does deposit, I then go back to my paypal and send him a payment of $ 776.50 . He gets it and it takes out another $ 23.50 so he get's $ 750.00 . So he just refunds me back the money I sent him which takes another 5 days. So I try to do a refund because he wants back the $ 800 he sent originally and it won't let me do it . It says that I have to link my bank or card to my paypal account to add the funds and it won't let me do that either as I keep getting a error code everytime I try , I cannot get Paypal to call me back as they say they are short staffed and way behind. The buyer will not take back the $ 750 and said he would file a dispute thru paypal but I read on the site that as long as I respond in 10 days that they have 30 days to come to a decsion , I do not want this guy's money sitting in my account , I told him to take the $ 750 and get with paypal on the fees as they took them I did not . What do you do in this situation for you guys who deal with paypal.

I would call PayPal, but I am not sure if their service is live any longer. Because of Covid.

If you have to e-mail an explaination, do it step by step including your BUYER was P***ywhip by his Wife, to go south on your deal.

Good luck.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tribute , it looks like the one he had , Adam Balabushka did a Hall of Fame line and did 3 of Willie's cues , Wm-5-6-7 , This one is a Wm-7 , Wille Mosconi Tribute Balabushka cue. It is a replica of his famous cue

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What you're supposed to do now, is wait for the money to show back up

Then, hit "refund payment" on his original payment

It will only dock you the original amount you received but refund him the full amount he paid

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would call PayPal, but I am not sure if their service is live any longer. Because of Covid.

If you have to e-mail an explaination, do it step by step including your BUYER was P***ywhip by his Wife, to go south on your deal.

Good luck.

Tell me about it , that is a first for me

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you're supposed to do now, is wait for the money to show back up

Then, hit "refund payment" on his original payment

It will only dock you the original amount you received but refund him the full amount he paid

See , that is the problem. My bank card is linked to the account and I can transfer money from paypal to my bank acct , but when I try to transfer money from my bank acct to my paypal it says that I need to link a bank and when i try to it gives me a error messeage which when i look that up it says that they are aware of it and they do not have a fix at the moment for it. I won't let me transfer money into my paypal account. When i send a payment it charges him a fee , when try to send as friends and gifts it charges me a fee because it says I am using a debit card. He wants to file a dispute on my account , I want to send him the $ 776.50 because I don't want his money sitting in my account for a month. He backed out , he did not ask his Wife who must run the show , I do not know how that feels as I do what What I want I do not have to check in with my Wife. If he would have text me back that same night then all would have been fine , but no not until the next morning . I have been here all day at the pc trying to figure it out with no help from Paypal. I cannot get anyone to call me back. I am sick of it and done with this headache.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
See , that is the problem. My bank card is linked to the account and I can transfer money from paypal to my bank acct , but when I try to transfer money from my bank acct to my paypal it says that I need to link a bank and when i try to it gives me a error messeage which when i look that up it says that they are aware of it and they do not have a fix at the moment for it. I won't let me transfer money into my paypal account. When i send a payment it charges him a fee , when try to send as friends and gifts it charges me a fee because it says I am using a debit card. He wants to file a dispute on my account , I want to send him the $ 776.50 because I don't want his money sitting in my account for a month. He backed out , he did not ask his Wife who must run the show , I do not know how that feels as I do what What I want I do not have to check in with my Wife. If he would have text me back that same night then all would have been fine , but no not until the next morning . I have been here all day at the pc trying to figure it out with no help from Paypal. I cannot get anyone to call me back. I am sick of it and done with this headache.

You said you have a refund pending from him, is this correct?

Once the money hits your bank account or PayPal account, go in to the original payment he made to you and click "Issue a Refund"

It will draw the funds from your card or PayPal balance

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said you have a refund pending from him, is this correct?

Once the money hits your bank account or PayPal account, go in to the original payment he made to you and click "Issue a Refund"

It will draw the funds from your card or PayPal balance

Yea , it gets better . Once I sent him the $ 776.50 he refunded right back to me , but he refunded it with a e-check that had to clear the bank and it somehow put it right back into my bank account 5 days later. He does not know why it sent it back as a e-check. I guess his bank did that, So if he had refunded it back to my paypal account then yea that would have worked. So now the money is in my bank account and i cannot get it to transfer back to paypal , only thing I can do is pay him like I did the 1st time but it takes out a fee so he will get back $ 750.00 . I think he should file a dispute thru paypal for the $ 50 in fees as they took them i did not .

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because his Wife made him change his mind I am having to deal with this and I want to gladly refund his money so I do not have to deal with this anymore. I have never in all my time had anyone back out like that after already paying , but then again I do not sell very much either, I just thought you guys may have been in a situation like this and could give me some advice. The Weird part is the messenger is one name and the guy goes by another name and I believe he is a Dentist . go figure

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The initial payment he sent, should have the option ‘Refund’. You do not send him money. Its as simple as selecting his payment and refunding it. You’re over complicating it.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
1.Go to cashapp.com and sign up for a free account, or just download the app and link your debit and checking account to it, then transfer the funds to the cash app account. Transfer the 800.00 from your checking account to your Cashapp account.

2. Go to PayPal and link the new Cashapp account to your PayPal account as your preferred method of payment.

3. Add the 800 to your PayPal balance and the send it to him Friends and Family so no charges come off the cash sent.

It seems like a lot, but it's not really, or just ask your son he most likely already has a Cashapp account, or Venmo.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is there any chance this could be a scam against Poolfan101? It sounds odd to me.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Hello ,

So the reason you received $776.50 is because he sent the money Goods & Services and you were charged a fee for using PayPal as a payment service. All good there. When you issued the refund, through your convoluted way, you should have issued a refund through the first payment on your PayPal ledger. That would have taken the $776.50 from your account plus the fees PayPal extracted to make the buyer whole. You said you don't have your bank account linked; well that's a pain. So, what you need to do now, is send the buyer $800 via Friends & Family to "issue the refund". You're going to have to eat the $23.50 as a lesson learned.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the reason you received $776.50 is because he sent the money Goods & Services and you were charged a fee for using PayPal as a payment service. All good there. When you issued the refund, through your convoluted way, you should have issued a refund through the first payment on your PayPal ledger. That would have taken the $776.50 from your account plus the fees PayPal extracted to make the buyer whole. You said you don't have your bank account linked; well that's a pain. So, what you need to do now, is send the buyer $800 via Friends & Family to "issue the refund". You're going to have to eat the $23.50 as a lesson learned.

Yep. Paypal takes a while to figure out. Send the guy his $800 and walk away.

Last edited: