Need some help with a deal.. systim6

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Can some one on here help me out, we have a member systim6. Who has a very low itrader but has been a member since 2004. I "us" would like to help him out, he has some cues for sale but only wants to ship after payment, not sure who he is. If anyone can help with the deal that would be great.... I want to buy the woodworth j/b cue, how do I say this without sounding bad...... but I don't want to lose my money. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated..
And since this a for sale thread I have a Monster Ariel Carmeli Ivory Loaded for sale of trade.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=282782

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Use Escrow if you want to be safe.

I can provide escrow service also if you want and I have done plenty of business here on AZ as well as with you.

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thank you

Use Escrow if you want to be safe.

I can provide escrow service also if you want and I have done plenty of business here on AZ as well as with you.

I want to make the deal, but he has a 3 itrader and wants me to send the money first. like I said in my post not to sound bad, but I don't want a bad deal. Thanks again pat. Come on Sunday and check out the new shaft I got for my Carmeli. Hits a ton...:grin:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
If the seller will take your PayPal. send him a PayPal payment funded by your credit card. If he doesn't send the item you are protected by your credit card company.

Next case please.

Kevin

Last edited:

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
If the seller will take your PayPal. send him a PayPal payment funded by your credit card. If he doesn't send it you are protected by your credit card company.

Next case please.

Kevin

This sounds good but 2 things 1 then I have to make a whole deal about getting my money back, and 2 I would be sending him the money as a gift, not sure after the gift is sent can I get my money back, thank you for the info...

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
This sounds good but 2 things 1 then I have to make a whole deal about getting my money back, and 2 I would be sending him the money as a gift, not sure after the gift is sent can I get my money back, thank you for the info...

Yeah that "whole deal" about getting your money back is opening the web site of your credit card company and clicking about 3 links to file the dispute.
I can see where that would be too much trouble.

And as far as the gift deal goes. If you are looking for protection, you might try not defrauding the people you are looking for protection from. Seems to me the miniscule amount the processing fees would come to in order to protect you on a transaction this size would be well worth it, but what do I know?

Good luck in finding a solution to your problem, its a stumper for sure.

Thanks again

Kevin

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0
Just do the deal through paypal.
He just sold something.
He has I-trader.
And it's $150.

Plus escrow should be to a non-partisan third party....not sure Bklyn counts as you both live in Brooklyn and have a history.

No offense to Bklyn, just saying.

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Yeah that "whole deal" about getting your money back is opening the web site of your credit card company and clicking about 3 links to file the dispute.

And as far as the gift deal goes. If you are looking for protection, you might try not defrauding the people you are looking for protection from. Seems to me the miniscule amount the processing fees would come to in order to protect you on a transaction this size would be well worth it, but what do I know?

Thanks again

Kevin

Thanks for all of your help and info....

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0

Thanks again

Kevin

This cracked me up. There you go making sense again.

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
He just sold something.
He has I-trader.
And it's $150.

Plus escrow should be to a non-partisan third party....not sure Bklyn counts as you both live in Brooklyn and have a history.

No offense to Bklyn, just saying.[/QUOTE
He did just sell something to a person who has a 0 itrader. The other 2 people he bought things from, along time ago. As for the money, I just don't want to get beat that's all. And bklynjava is a great AZer besides yes we do lots of business, & play pool together, and both live in Brooklyn. Thanks jemerson. Let's see what systim6 wants to do...

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Can some one on here help me out, we have a member systim6. Who has a very low itrader but has been a member since 2004. I "us" would like to help him out, he has some cues for sale but only wants to ship after payment, not sure who he is. If anyone can help with the deal that would be great.... I want to buy the woodworth j/b cue, how do I say this without sounding bad...... but I don't want to lose my money. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated..
And since this a for sale thread I have a Monster Ariel Carmeli Ivory Loaded for sale of trade.

I can completely understand a concern, but who would ship your merchandise BEFORE payment is made ???

There's a handful of forum members that I WOULD send a cue to BEFORE payment is made but only because we have done many successful transactions on the forum in the past, but buying or selling to someone I have never dealt with, I sure wouldn't ship anything out BEFORE payment was made.

Kvinbrwr is one of the most experienced buyers and sellers on the forum dealing with paypal, his advice is very solid, pay with a credit card through paypal and leave the worries and disputes up to your CC company.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Sorry misunderstood in the message. I can perform the escrow as well. The only reason the seller would be uncomfortable with shipping first would be item is not as described.

I would imagine having 15 high dollar transactions is slightly more trustworthy then 3 transactions.

The only reason? I think there are several he might be thinking of besides his item is not as described. Just for example, its almost always dome the other way.

Thanks

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I meant only reason he wouldnt do escrow. * SORRY second time ive said something and meant something else today

Its not the only reason he might not want to do escrow either. Here's some:

1) Escrowing through a friend of the buyer is just like shipping the cue to the buyer unpaid

2) He may not want to ship the cue until paid. I know I don't.

3) He might not want the hold up onthe funds that escrow entails

4) He may be opposed to the expense

There's lots of possibilities. Why jump to the negative one and then label it "only" ?

Thanks again

Kevin

Last edited:

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I think you should do what Kevin said and Pay with you CC on PP add 4% and be done with it.

No Brainer...:rolleyes:

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
He just sold something.
He has I-trader.
And it's $150.

No offense to Bklyn, just saying.

None taken - This is true cause I wouldn't feel comfortable either and we do know each other pretty good. LOL

LoupSeul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought a cue from him, and am beyond satisfied with every part of the transaction. I spoke to him several times on the phone, and he followed up with me to make sure that I was happy.

A+++ seller

_Peter

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i would deffinatly NOT send any money to anybody for any reason and use the gift option.. if you are getting something in return, its not worth the hassle to try and avoid the fees...

Escrow is still the way to go.. there is a escrow sticky, i recomend Fast N Loose.. he provides a great service...

chris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Listen to Kevin,and Chris,send the money through Paypal,pay the fee and no worries.These guys are experienced traders,and know the deal.Just my $.02 Good luck.
Marc
Oh yes,and don't forget,FAST_N_LOOSE ( Marcus) he will do escrow for you.

Last edited: