Need some opinions (ring game)

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting ready to setup some ring games at my house mainly just for summer practice.

Here are two of my ideas, thinking about bumping the entry to only attract serious people wanting to shoot some serious pool.

What do you guys think?

9BALLRING.JPG
bankringgame2.jpg

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I've never done a banks ring game so I can't comment on that but you might spell out some more stuff in the 9b ring game.

- 5 dollar entry + a quarter bet per game? How's that work? So there's a minimum 20 dollar pot with 4 guys, and then the pot grows 1 buck with every game? It continues until you win it all, but what are you playing to? We always played it for points on the 3 6 9. I've also heard of 1-5-9. A typical race might be to 15 or 20 with handicap adjustments.

- If it's gonna say no slop you probably only need to mention that once. It's assumed there's no slop on the 9 if you already have no slop on all the other balls.

- No safeties also in effect in 9b?

- Early money balls spot?

- Scratches go in the kitchen, otherwise everything is played in position, with a pushout-type option for the incoming player if the guy he's following fouled?

- Money balls on the break do or do not count?

etc.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no safeties in 9-ball ring game

If player is hooked by chance or by choice by the preceding shooter he should be able to choose to shoot or return shot to preceding shooter.

Sounds like fun to me . I love ring games.

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never done a banks ring game so I can't comment on that but you might spell out some more stuff in the 9b ring game.

- 5 dollar entry + a quarter bet per game? How's that work? So there's a minimum 20 dollar pot with 4 guys, and then the pot grows 1 buck with every game? It continues until you win it all, but what are you playing to? We always played it for points on the 3 6 9. I've also heard of 1-5-9. A typical race might be to 15 or 20 with handicap adjustments.

- If it's gonna say no slop you probably only need to mention that once. It's assumed there's no slop on the 9 if you already have no slop on all the other balls.

- No safeties also in effect in 9b?

- Early money balls spot?

- Scratches go in the kitchen, otherwise everything is played in position, with a pushout-type option for the incoming player if the guy he's following fouled?

- Money balls on the break do or do not count?

etc.

-$5 is each players' bankroll, table is free because it's at my house. So $.25 will be taken from each player per game.

-I will have to do points on the 3 6 9 or something, never thought of it. I was originally thinking about points for the 9 only, which would encourage more run outs. Probably 1 point each, race to 20 or 30.

-I repeat myself on calling myself because I know how the players around here are, and like little children, you have to spell it out pretty clearly.

-No safeties in either one, push outs will be allowed though.

-Early money balls are spotted if they didn't call the ball.
(got a lot of people around here that try to roll that money ball every chance they get just hoping for it to find a hole)

-scratches go in the kitchen, push outs will be allowed

-money ball on the break will count

Thanks for the input, looks like I need to do a few changes.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Let us know how it goes :) Never saw a ring game advertised before. I always found them fun and I think it's too bad amateurs don't get into them more... esp. those who maybe don't have fun in tournaments but want to play.