Need to buy a case

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
is instroke the best value/ quality for money???
what would you reccommend

Marcl3954

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB the best

I have a JB Case and I think it's super! (Instroke was his at the beginning)
He'll design one for you or alter a current design to give you a unique case.
His case also gives you the best cue protection you could ask for.
Check out his web site JBCases
Jay Flower Tribute. Better than an Instroke, contect JB CASES, or Cue Sight.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
I agree...John Barton of JB Cases is definately a wise choice. Absolute highest quality workmanship & materials...and a HUGE selection of styles. On top of that John is a gentleman that will go out of his way to help you...and he stands behind his work. I've got a 1of leather 4x8 that I've been using for over a year now & couldn't be happier...in fact he's working on a couple more for me as we speak. I think the fact that a few months ago I sold my custom Whitten that had my name on it speaks as to the level of my satisfaction with Johns work. And for those unaware...John was the inventer/owner of the original Instroke cases....he's been building top shelf cases for many years now. :)
www.jbcases.com

sammi sam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whitten.....coz I had experience my whitten been smash and under the car but my SW nothing damage.....lol

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Another Barton case fan here! Built like a tank, will last a lifetime or two.

Less expensive alternative would be the Sterling Wave case...again, another John Barton creation...definitely the absolute best bang for your buck and still comes with the Ultrapad interior.

Lisa

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I recommend a JB case for all the reasons mentioned. I love mine. John can make them as fancy as you want or plain like my case. He is very accommodating to what you want and his cases are a terrific value for the quality he builds into them. Like ridewiththewind said, they're built to last a lifetime or two - since I'm an aging baby boomer I'll have to find a worthy heir.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instroke cases are best all around at convenience of tournaments. Superb cases in my opinion, i always go back to these cases after trying all the other high end cases. Cues easy to take in and out!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The best bang for your buck would most certainly be Porper.

I disagree. I think a Sterling case with a JB interior is the best 'bang for the buck".

But perhaps you could list your reasons why you think it's Porper and we could compare them with what a Sterling offers.

This one which holds 2x4 is $64.

STH6BKComp.jpg

This Porper is $94

PC24_Black.jpg

I think that the Sterling offers better protection and better construction, thus better value.

--------------------------------------------

To the OP, Instroke is a super case. As you have been told I created that brand and company. I left in 2003 and since then they have continued to produce great quality cases. For the money I honestly feel that they produce the second best production case on the market in that style. The first is in my opinion the J.Flowers Tribute series. And I only say this because that series contains everything I learned by building Instroke and everything I have learned since then.

If you want something nice and sleek then you should consider GTF cases. They are a continuance of the Fellini-style case and in my opinion are the best of that style available. (notice a pattern...... I only say this after studying everyone else's cases and then making what I consider to be improvements over them)

And of course we can build you what you like in our custom shop. www.jbcases.com

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I disagree. I think a Sterling case with a JB interior is the best 'bang for the buck".

But perhaps you could list your reasons why you think it's Porper and we could compare them with what a Sterling offers.

STH6BKComp.jpg

This Porper is $94

PC24_Black.jpg

I think that the Sterling offers better protection and better construction, thus better value.

To the OP, Instroke is a super case. As you have been told I created that brand and company. I left in 2003 and since then they have continued to produce great quality cases. For the money I honestly feel that they produce the second best production case on the market in that style. The first is in my opinion the J.Flowers Tribute series. And I only say this because that series contains everything I learned by building Instroke and everything I have learned since then.

If you want something nice and sleek then you should consider GTF cases. They are a continuance of the Fellini-style case and in my opinion are the best of that style available. (notice a pattern...... I only say this after studying everyone else's cases and then making what I consider to be improvements over them)

And of course we can build you what you like in our custom shop. www.jbcases.com

I like the $64.00 Sterling over the Porper because of the INTERIOR! I had (2) Porper, and they are a Good CHOICE for the HAS TOO BE Made in America CROWD. but the Interior on the Sterling is more Cue Friendly. JMHO:thumbup:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Except

STH6BKComp.jpg

This Porper is $94

PC24_Black.jpg

for the 2 obvious 'eyesores' to the case. The 'inconvenience' of where the damn handle is, it should be on the side, and the 'ugliness' of the straps wrapping around the case on the outside. I'm sorry, but these style cases just have no 'curb appeal'.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
you can buy a nice Justis or JB case used 2x4 for the price of what a new instroke cost if your patient and troll the threads regular............:D

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
I think JB cases are definitely top notch, and you could not go wrong in that direction. I would also like to mention Garth Bair of OnQcases. I have one he custom made for me, and I LOVE it. It was done very quickly, it protects my high end cues wonderfully, and it is aesthetically beautiful. And it was very, very well priced, and Garth is wonderful to do business with. So, now you have another option to check out. Good luck!

Braden

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opinions opinions! LOL

As with everything in pool you will get 100 different opinions.

However, i would have to say John Barton is probably one of the better case makers out there, and he definitely goes above and beyond testing his safety features of his cases. He literally tries to destroy the material that he is protecting cues with! But it does come at a price cause they are custom.

If you are looking for affordable and similar case to JB, then I think Instroke is the right choice being that is what I use now. Instroke was started by John and they are still really good cases and good protection. One day maybe I can get a JB, but for now my Instroke is perfect for me.

Now Porper is super cheap, but I did not like mine because with joint protectors on my cues they didn't fit in the darn case that well it was a struggle to get the lid closed. Just not a great design in my opinion so I gave it away. But again that is just my opinion of them.

I am going to look at Sterling just cause JB made the insides, and I bet they are good cases too.

Last edited:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok after looking over the sterlings i am sold!

http://www.sterling-gaming.com/ultraleather-4x8-wine-rolling-case-p-2768.html

You can get a 4x8 with wheels for $127! I paid like double that for my instroke and it doesn't have wheels. And JB came up with the design for both insides!

http://www.budgetcues.com/cases.htm

That website has some nice cases if your on a budget!

I am honestly thinking about this one for my next one! spray the nylon down with some water replant and good to go!

http://www.budgetcues.com/sterling-cue-case-wave-black-blue-4cue.htm

Last edited:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member

STH6BKComp.jpg

This Porper is $94

PC24_Black.jpg

It's wierd, I could have sworn Porper had a 2x2 case with a foam interior for ~$50 and it was a decent case, but I can't find it on their site, maybe they discontinued that line.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone on the wanted buy and sale forum has a Justice old style that is new condition for $350, If I didn't already have 6 cases and 2 cues I would jump at it, you can't go wrong. Good luck. Tom

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
for the 2 obvious 'eyesores' to the case. The 'inconvenience' of where the damn handle is, it should be on the side, and the 'ugliness' of the straps wrapping around the case on the outside. I'm sorry, but these style cases just have no 'curb appeal'.

Try this one then

20110818225102745.jpg

20110818225113964.jpg

20110818121606284.jpg

20110818121811833.jpg

20110818121733303.jpg

$100 plus $75 for shipping.

Or this one:

cuesight_2184_39308089

http://www.cuesight.com/stw7bk.html

$135 free shipping.

Or this one:

2x4brnkk.jpg

$199 http://www.seyberts.com/products/GTF_Case_2x4_Brown_Premium_Vinyl-102193-10417.html

As long as it's a beauty contest then we make some pretty cases as well. In all price ranges. I don't consider beauty as part of the value equation but perhaps I should.