Negative iTrader - Did I Deserve It?

Worminator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
229   1   0
My last post in this thread...

So here is what I'm going to do. When I receive the cue it is getting a new shaft. Then, I am going to give it away to someone that needs a cue.

I played and couple racks with the cue and it played solid. It was previously owned by a strong local player, I bought it off him because he needed money for the Derby City Classic. He played with the cue and did just fine with it... I don't think it is going to fall apart anytime soon.

We have a young boy in our NAPA league that plays off the wall with a house cue. I am going to give it to him and will post a picture.

So there you have it... hopefully the original buyer is satisfied with a refund and a young pool player should be thrilled to get it.

Lesson learned...

Iowa Cues

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dale Perry? Oh, you must have gone to my old site linked here. Yeah, I used to sell Perrys. They were a great option for those who didn't want to spend more than $200 per cue. But of course I would have rather purchased one of those Perry Cues today over your used cue which needs significant work. BTW, I also sold Dominiak cues before I sold Perrys. Here's a few of my inlay cues this "newbie" is making currently.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 335

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Dale Perry? Oh, you must have gone to my old site linked here. Yeah, I used to sell Perrys. They were a great option for those who didn't want to spend more than $200 per cue. But of course I would have rather purchased one of those Perry Cues today over your used cue which needs significant work. BTW, I also sold Dominiak cues before I sold Perrys. Here's a few of my inlay cues this "newbie" is making currently.

You went three years between posts to start making these assumptions? By the way, nice cnc work, let me know when you actually get some skill to make a pool cue, not some pos decoration.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

Looks like you are a good cue assembler

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Just when I thought this site, and pool people couldn't be any whackier... a guy who can cut cookie cutter cnc inlays of recon stone comes out touting not only how good Dale Perry cues are, but then shows these...

I am sorry... another cuemaker jumps into the fray making cues in a market where the amount of people to sell to is declining and then bringing NOTHING fresh to the table.

Take your cnc machine and make some custom poker chips.. you'll do much better in the long run.

About your Dominiak assessment.. good job throwing him under the bus. His cue is made to accept the shafts he made for the cue. 1/4" out to far? Really? Does it do the job, is that going to make the cue play any different? Is that the reason the cue rolls funny? NO. The finish lifting, I can give you a whole lot more reasons that that is occurring all as correct as your part about the glue failing. If the cue had a buzz, I would cede the glue failing. But really.. you're a hack. Not only that the cue is old, the oils in the wood, any number of things would make the finish pop on that seem and the most probable reason, the wood shrank.. woohoo... chalk one up for Iowa..

How the hell is your caucus so important? I wouldn't trust you to vote on the sky being blue.

JV

Iowa Cues

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went three years between posts to start making these assumptions? By the way, nice cnc work, let me know when you actually get some skill to make a pool cue, not some pos decoration.

You're right, the buyer should have kept that piece of shit cue and I shouldn't have posted here again since I haven't for nearly 3 years. I'm not sure how you can judge one's cue building skills by reading a few words, but hey, everyone claims to be a professional at something.

Iowa Cues

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just when I thought this site, and pool people couldn't be any whackier... a guy who can cut cookie cutter cnc inlays of recon stone comes out touting not only how good Dale Perry cues are, but then shows these...

I am sorry... another cuemaker jumps into the fray making cues in a market where the amount of people to sell to is declining and then bringing NOTHING fresh to the table.

Take your cnc machine and make some custom poker chips.. you'll do much better in the long run.

About your Dominiak assessment.. good job throwing him under the bus. His cue is made to accept the shafts he made for the cue. 1/4" out to far? Really? Does it do the job, is that going to make the cue play any different? Is that the reason the cue rolls funny? NO. The finish lifting, I can give you a whole lot more reasons that that is occurring all as correct as your part about the glue failing. If the cue had a buzz, I would cede the glue failing. But really.. you're a hack. Not only that the cue is old, the oils in the wood, any number of things would make the finish pop on that seem and the most probable reason, the wood shrank.. woohoo... chalk one up for Iowa..

How the hell is your caucus so important? I wouldn't trust you to vote on the sky being blue.

JV

wow, forgot your meds today? understandable..,

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Is it just me or did anyone else notice the cue was being rolled on a kitchen counter top. I wouldn`t rely on them being accurate to roll a cue on.
I had a cue roll straight on one pool table and do a flop on the table next to it. The table it flopped on had a very slight slate lift that wasn`t noticeable to the naked eye. It took a machinist level to catch the lift.
So if the cue has a slight taper roll as the seller said he stated and the surface in the video wasn`t 100% flat it would cause the taper roll to be exaggerated.
Just putting another spin on it.
I would also like to state I have never had any dealings with either party and do not know them either.

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy bought a cue from me that was delivered to him on 2/6 and he said the forearm was warped when he received the cue. I had the cue at a cuemakers shop right before I shipped it out to have the finish on the butt buffed out... butt of cue was straight on the lathe. I told the buyer I would refund his money less shipping.

He never sent the cue back, and now on Fed 13th asked for a refund again and I refused since he had the cue for a week. I stated the shaft had a roll, and the butt was dead straight.

He then left me negative iTrader which means way more to me than the cue I sold. I have never had one bad deal on this forum or anywhere else that I can ever remember.

Did I deserve negative iTrader?

I've traded things all my life. Sold business, cars, trucks, pool cues, everything. What I learned about people is this. There are some people you simply can't please. No matter how much you try.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I guess we'll get a full report on this cue situation & how it rolls when it is shipped back to Jamie. The buyer is now whole, so all is good in his world.

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, and can we ban the term 'taper roll'? Its borderline deceptive.

Now there's a good question all by itself. IF a cue has a slight taper roll, you know the tip has a slight life. IS THAT CUE WARPED? Experts differ on their opinion on this so I'm very curious to see what other people think.

Personally, my opinion, a cue is NOT warped if it has a SLIGHT taper roll. Even though my cues do NOT have a slight taper roll.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last post in this thread...

So here is what I'm going to do. When I receive the cue it is getting a new shaft. Then, I am going to give it away to someone that needs a cue.

I played and couple racks with the cue and it played solid. It was previously owned by a strong local player, I bought it off him because he needed money for the Derby City Classic. He played with the cue and did just fine with it... I don't think it is going to fall apart anytime soon.

We have a young boy in our NAPA league that plays off the wall with a house cue. I am going to give it to him and will post a picture.

So there you have it... hopefully the original buyer is satisfied with a refund and a young pool player should be thrilled to get it.

Lesson learned...

Good of you to think of a young player in need of a cue! Hopefully the buyer sends the cue back in a timely manner now that his money is returned....

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
This a video link of the tip being rolled. I did this with my limited resources at the moment with my laptop upside down. Clearly isn't just a taper roll. Also believe it or not got a hold of Dominiak and they want me to send them the cue even though I didn't buy directly from them. Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQiskn0hdk4&feature=youtu.be

I am confused....you said here that you hooked up with Dominiak and Bill wanted to make the cue "right" for you...you should have sent it to him. I have known and done business with Bill Dominiak for many years. I believe that he would have built you a new shaft (for free) if he thought it was needed to make the cue right.

A person can't roll a cue on a table top...it will never roll straight. What you showed looked like a facing issue to me more than anything else.

Jaime, when you receive the cue back, please take some video of the butt on the lathe for us to see, as well as how it rolls on the table...not just the tip, but the butt and joint, along with a whole cue shot.

Sad....glad you guys worked it all out.
Joe

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0

Those might officially be the most ugly cues I've ever seen. Maybe you should use a bigger cutter in your CNC to make your inlays a little more rounded. LOL

Last edited:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Hopefully Jamie doesn't get a box of nothing or a molested cue back now that he is basically out the original price of the cue and the cue.

ballinhandsqeez

Registered
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Yes Bill Dominiak said that, but didn't state that it would be free. Just he will take a look and see what it will cost to make it new again by email this morning. The women I talked to earlier on the phone kinda made me believe they would take care of it with no charge. Brian

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What you showed looked like a facing issue to me more than anything else.

Joe

I just read through the back half of this thread and I had the same thought. I have a cue with a shaft that is almost dead straight, and the butt, when rolled on my table, also looks very straight. The pin does not wobble at all. However, when the cue is joined and rolled, the shaft does the same kind of hop that I saw on the video in this dispute. I have always felt the only explanation is a facing issue. I love the cue and haven't bothered to fix this problem. I think facing issues are more common than people realize, especially with wood to wood joints.

I'm not making assumptions, but if a seller had never rolled a particular cue when joined, he could easily not even know that a facing issue existed. You could roll the pieces separately and genuinely think that everything was fine.

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
Jamie I haven't been on here much lately I hope your doing well besides the obvious topic on hand. Unfortunately in buying and selling anything its a numbers game and a deal can go sideways whether it be one persons fault or the other. To not get a negative itrader for this long speaks for itself. I hope this gets resolved at this point the buyer has a cue and his money so I don't understand what the problem is as of today.. it seems pretty logical. :wink: