New 3D Printed Chalk Holders

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
A few months ago I held a design contest to help me come up with some initial ideas for 3D printed chalk holders (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=325122). It was a long process to get the sizing just right, but last week I finished these 2 for those who won (franko & PickPocket).

They received them and were very pleased with their craftsmanship. I plan on doing an extensive series of these, which will be up on my site soon (site currently down for construction), and I am taking custom orders now.

These in particular are stainless steel, and are very strong and can be highly detailed. Those, however, are $75 each, plus shipping. In plastic, they are only $25, fully custom.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Dice1.JPG
    Dice1.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,753
  • render2.jpg
    render2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,587
  • render3.JPG
    render3.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,552
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,562
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,606

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I like this, definitely the Stainless Steel one for me.
I never knew 3D printers could work on SS??
Can it be polished SS? If so i would be so very very keen!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Also, is there a hold at the bottom of the holder? I don't see a bottom pic so i won't knew?
Is to allow us to push the chalk out?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I like this, definitely the Stainless Steel one for me.
I never knew 3D printers could work on SS??
Can it be polished SS? If so i would be so very very keen!

I'm curious also, as far as I knew, 3D printers only worked with polymers, not metals.
Please explain.
dave

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are nice, but to make your dice more realistic, The opposite side of dice always equal 7. I noticed in one of your pics that the 3 and 4 were side by side. Not a big deal but the crap shooter in me noticed it right away. :smile: Good Luck with your sales!