New Andy Gilbert - Szamboti-style "Isis" cue (large pics)

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, couldn't come up with a decent name for this cue ;) . Remember my post about this Egyptian cartouche for a sleeve inlay?

PFZ8Tgw.jpg

Well, here are the results... hope you like 'em:
NOTE: refresh this web page if you've seen it before... new pics were added.

ZcmIlGJ.jpg

lFXhteR.jpg

bYdiHXa.jpg

e0eGXCo.jpg

7n6Z5Gz.jpg

a5pQK3S.jpg

tDhMgym.jpg

3XVVTkS.jpg

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
that is one of the nicest gilberts i've seen yet. do you mind me askimng how much that cost to have built?

NOSAJ03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue. I like the ivory work. It looks similar some of the Mcdaniel cues Ive seen on ebay. I bet it plays a ton

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
That is a cue to take a lot of pride in owning...really pretty and original in design...love the wrap too by the way ;)

Shorty

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
suggestion ...

My thoughts are to name it,
'Bird of the earth' cue, only in
an Indian language for the title.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
lord_shar said:
Sorry, couldn't come up with a decent name for this cue ;) . Remember my post about this Egyptian cartouche for a sleeve inlay?
I love it.

Fred

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
name?

lord_shar,

Not much more to say but...awesome. Andy showed us your diagrams for this cue while we were visiting him the week before last. What a great looking cue it has turned out to be.

My nomination for name would be the "Szamboti-glyph".

Sean

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Lord Shar,

Thanks for sharing the pics! Damned fine cue...

What is the translation of the hieroglyphs?

Steve

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :)

More PM's returned...

Shorty said:
That is a cue to take a lot of pride in owning...really pretty and original in design...love the wrap too by the way ;)

Shorty

The lizard wrap was a last-minute add-on. After seeing how black glossy lizard skin turned up on a few other cues here, I realized that this cue would probably also benefit from the same wrap. Andy Gilbert does awesome wrap work -- I really had to look hard to locate the seam.

Last edited:

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueaddicts said:
lord_shar,

Not much more to say but...awesome. Andy showed us your diagrams for this cue while we were visiting him the week before last. What a great looking cue it has turned out to be.

My nomination for name would be the "Szamboti-glyph".

Sean

Hi Sean... I have to actually thank you guys at cueaddicts.com for providing the image-base I used to form this cues' initial template. Although it's Szamboti-styled, the cue was actually patterned after a Bill Schick. Unfortunately, that Schick cue was long gone by the time I first saw it, so I decided to have Andy make a personalized version of it -- and what a nice job he did :)

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hunter said:
Lord Shar,

Steve

The first cartouche lists the first 3 letters of my 1st and last name. The second cartouch reads "LDSHAR" - short for lord_shar (had to drop some characters to make it fit).

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
Hunter said:
Lord Shar,

Steve

I THINK IT'S HIS NAME. I BELIEVE HE MENTIONED THAT IN A THREAD AWHILE AGO WHEN HE SHARED THE DESIGN

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
fast_n_loose said:
i Think It's His Name. I Believe He Mentioned That In A Thread Awhile Ago When He Shared The Design

Sorry, Guess We Were Typing At The Same Time.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Hell I thought it was Egyptian for "Stop cue design theft"

Joe :D

Hehe, I'm not aware of any other cue personallized with an Egyptian cartouche. :) I'm hoping that this is a 1st...