New Billiard Tech: Air Bridge

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pool players that compete in a wheelchair is a market that I am interested in serving.
I am proposing wheelchair bound players switch to a dart style stroke and a freehand air bridge.

I filmed a video demonstration. It works. The video has not been edited to represent the Billiards Advanced Research Projects Agency properly.

This is an official press leak.

FreeBridge.JPEG

justnum

Silver Member
Why so clunky? Proof of Con Sept?

I wanted options to have a low grip and high grip.

In addition be able to use it as a bridge that rests on the table. Existing mechanical bridges don't provide the range that an air bridge provides for a chair bound player.

If I add a sight in the middle of the free bridge someone might claim its an aiming cheat.

My next project will be for players with shaky hands or parkinsons.

The Larson Cue project was renamed to Free Air bridge and has achieved threshold development.

Thanks for all the support.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Pool players that compete in a wheelchair is a market that I am interested in serving.
I am proposing wheelchair bound players switch to a dart style stroke and a freehand air bridge.

I filmed a video demonstration. It works. The video has not been edited to represent the Billiards Advanced Research Projects Agency properly.

View attachment 703530
Sativa or Indica?

justnum

Silver Member
Sativa or Indica?

Many sports are being reinvented.

Pickleball might as well be lower impact tennis.

Axe throwing is more dangerous darts.

An air bridge in pool could change up gameplay for a new generation.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every wheelchair player that I know bridges on the table just like you and I do. If they need to reach further, they use a mechanical bridge, just like you and I do.

Having said that, why in the world would anyone use your clunky "invention" to air bridge when they could just do the same thing with their bridge hand if they wanted?

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

View attachment 703530
Whatever works!
I’ve seen a few modified tools made by players with different needs.

justnum

Silver Member
That's a very refined piece of equipment there. How long did it take you to rummage through your garage to find the three pieces it took to make it?

About 10 minutes. The angle brackets could be replaced by carving notches in the wood.

The original design challenge was to improve shooting from a seated position like a wheelchair.

I thought it looks cool because it can be similar to an archery stance. The idea of playing while sitting is also fun for drinking games.

justnum

Silver Member
Every wheelchair player that I know bridges on the table just like you and I do. If they need to reach further, they use a mechanical bridge, just like you and I do.

Having said that, why in the world would anyone use your clunky "invention" to air bridge when they could just do the same thing with their bridge hand if they wanted?

I am experimenting with futuristic billiard shots involving a stroke using a dart like throw.

I wanted to advance one arm shooting. In NYC there is a famous player known for shooting one handed. I wanted to build a one hand bridge trainer.

Practicing one handed also improves straight thru stroke precision and accuracy.

I could see many reasons to practice with a device. Would you allow it in competition?

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am experimenting with futuristic billiard shots involving a stroke using a dart like throw.

I wanted to advance one arm shooting. In NYC there is a famous player known for shooting one handed. I wanted to build a one hand bridge trainer.

Practicing one handed also improves straight thru stroke precision and accuracy.

I could see many reasons to practice with a device. Would you allow it in competition?

And why do you think it would be better than simply bridging with the same hand you have holding your silly contraption?