New break rule for European Open

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6-3 to Shane now

7-5 now. shane has been scratching on every break almost and the spaniard has failed to take advantage half of the time.

i'll cut him some slack though, his best result ever before this is a quarter final in an eurotour event. and he's reached this level living on an island off africa, which is incredible in itself. i've played pool on the canary islands and the local opponents wasn't very impressive (10 yrs ago).

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
7-5 now. shane has been scratching on every break almost and the spaniard has failed to take advantage half of the time.

i'll cut him some slack though, his best result ever before this is a quarter final in an eurotour event. and he's reached this level living on an island off africa, which is incredible in itself. i've played pool on the canary islands and the local opponents wasn't very impressive (10 yrs ago).

Sounds like a genius to me--living in paradise and shooting pool everyday!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
svb takes it down. the score doesn't really reflect a tough match. he just scratched a lot. solid shooting

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
98% shot success, few errors except break scratches. weird scratches too.

to me, svb is a favorite in the final. albin struggled and eeked out a win that wasn't the most well-deserved win ever.. shane looking in better form

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did, hope he improves for the final. If he does something like the worlds. I like his chances. The break is normally one of his strongest areas!

he's been breaking good earlier this tournament so i don't see the need to change anything. freak scratches happens

891014+1

So, almost in the end of tournament, do you think the break rules changed anything?
I saw several players potting the wing and the 1 ball and getting the cue ball at mid table, so, nothing different from before rule changed. Pro players get the most out of the game no matter what.

something_pool

Registered
So, almost in the end of tournament, do you think the break rules changed anything?
I saw several players potting the wing and the 1 ball and getting the cue ball at mid table, so, nothing different from before rule changed. Pro players get the most out of the game no matter what.
I haven't been watching too closely, but it seems like it's changed how players are breaking, resulting in more scratches. Shane at least seems to be scratching a lot because of the cut break he's using, which I guess is related to this break rule.

realtor1618

Registered
They weren’t trying to make the 1 ball before the rule change. The good breakers were sending it down by the corner pocket for an easy shot after the break consistently. I also don’t think they are making the wing ball nowhere near as much as they did before the break rule changed. I think the change has made a noticeable difference.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
With the template, changed to soome extent but nothing special. With triangle and hand racking, changed a lot! (If only the refs could correct their own imperfections, so that the sh!t which opened Filler vs Shaw match - three golden breaks in a row, 9-ball tracking all the time - could be fixed as soon as it happens.)