New Diamond Pro Am

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Diamond installers will be delivering my new Pro Am tonight around 7 o'clock. Been planing this for about 10 years! I'll try to post pics.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember, your first shot, make it an easy one. Always nice to make your first shot on your first table.

What wood did you go with? Cloth? Color? Pocket size? Table size?

r/DCP

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Remember, your first shot, make it an easy one. Always nice to make your first shot on your first table.

r/DCP

I went with charcoal stained oak since the Diamondwood wasn't available. I opted for the PRC rails though. Tournament blue 860 with standard cut pockets. 9 footer all the way! Gonna take awhile to adjust since I only played on bar boxes. Only really played on 9 footers at DCC.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went with charcoal stained oak since the Diamondwood wasn't available. I opted for the PRC rails though. Tournament blue 860 with standard cut pockets. 9 footer all the way! Gonna take awhile to adjust since I only played on bar boxes. Only really played on 9 footers at DCC.

Prefer a Gold Crown myself but I am really excited for you. Diamond makes a great table. Glad you went for the 9 footer instead of the little guy.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Sweet! You will up all night. I love mine although I did not get a new one but good used 9' Enjoy it! 🎱

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Less than an hour and counting. I know he's dancing around like a kid at Christmas. He's probably peeking out the windows every 10 minutes and especially when he hears a diesel truck going by.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Got word it will be around 9 now. Took a nap. 4 am comes early for work. Probably won't get any sleep tonight!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

r/DCP

Good plan! I remember the first shot I took on my Diamond Pro in early 2008.
I set up a fairly easy shot and hit it too hard and mis-cued tearing my new Simonis 860.
Hard to forget that one:eek:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Work??? I would have taken the next day off! Enjoy your new table!

Pdfuser, you don't look so good. I think you might be coming down with something, you better call in sick tomorrow.

Have fun!

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gongrats!

I am happy for you! I have a very nice 9' Rebco in the back of my big floor heated garage. Simonis 860 HR Tournament Blue cloth and Belgium Tournament balls, etc.

I love the table, I can slow roll balls as it is very level. But, the pockets are more forgiving then the Diamond pockets at the Billiard Palace in Anchorage and it really shows up in my shooting twice a year when I attend the tournaments.

I would love to have a table like yours. Have a ton of fun!

Last edited:

Changweezy

Thats awesome. Good for you man. If you dont mind me asking, how much does the table sell for brand new? And the installation? I've been curious for a while now but the diamond website doesnt really give pricing info. Thanks and looking forward to the pics!

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats awesome. Good for you man. If you dont mind me asking, how much does the table sell for brand new? And the installation? I've been curious for a while now but the diamond website doesnt really give pricing info. Thanks and looking forward to the pics!

You probably just want to call them...once you get hold of them, you'll have all the latest prices in your hands. Folks have posted in the past, but I don't think I have seen anything recently. There is the basic price for a table model, then some upcharges if you want a fancier wood than the basic oak, they will give you the optional prices/package prices if you want the light, balls, rack, cues, etc. A lot of the guys have pointed out you can get a next to new table if you are in the position to buy a table used in a tournament (live nearby, along the route back to Indiana, etc.).

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
The installers left my house around 1 a.m. this morning. They did a terrific job! Didn't have time to play any though. I'll post pics as soon as possible.