New pics of a old cue something called Black Boar

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remeber your Player well when you was here and let me shoot while you played my Haley. Give me that Monster here ;-)
That’s still my player. I have about 3500 hours of play on that cue. I’ll post pics of it. I know I have some-or I’ll take some and put them here or a different thread. It’s the best hitting cue I ever played with. I have 3 Boars total. My player, one similar and the big one in this thread. The big one I’ve never hit a ball with.

The other 2 play 95% the same. I like the balance point on my player a bit more. Right now I probably couldn’t tell the difference as I haven’t played much in a long time. My eye has a problem and I can’t wear a contact lense. Soon as I can I’m going to start playing again.

Hope your good Tattoo😃😃💪

Fatboy<———needs a new tattoo, been a few years since I got any work done 😃😃

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've yet to see a BB that wasnt top notch beautiful, never hit with one but assume they play great too
Beyond good.

I’ve let every top player and anyone who can play use my cue and most people say the same “best hitting cue ever” about the Boar. Top pro’s on down the line. A few people maybe 15% aren’t impressed which is pretty low.

I always have shared my cues with other players and some cues 30% of them like the cue or 50%. I always ask for a honest opinion, I ain’t shopping for complements. I like and respect honesty. So it’s not polite BS.

Of all the cues over the decades I’ve never had a cue with as high of an approval rating as my Boar I play with.

Hell it’s too fancy. Tony and I were discussing painting it with a temporary black paint job just to cover it up. I prefer plain cues as players and fancies as collectible cues. It just plays too good not to use.

Anyone who can play and knows how to hold a cue is welcome to use my cues. It’s interesting to see how they sound from a distance or with other peoples stroke etc. and what fun is it to have a nice cue if you can’t share with friends?

Tattoo knows

Best
Fatboy 😃

PracticeChampion

Beyond good.

I’ve let every top player and anyone who can play use my cue and most people say the same “best hitting cue ever” about the Boar. Top pro’s on down the line. A few people maybe 15% aren’t impressed which is pretty low.

I always have shared my cues with other players and some cues 30% of them like the cue or 50%. I always ask for a honest opinion, I ain’t shopping for complements. I like and respect honesty. So it’s not polite BS.

Of all the cues over the decades I’ve never had a cue with as high of an approval rating as my Boar I play with.

Hell it’s too fancy. Tony and I were discussing painting it with a temporary black paint job just to cover it up. I prefer plain cues as players and fancies as collectible cues. It just plays too good not to use.

Anyone who can play and knows how to hold a cue is welcome to use my cues. It’s interesting to see how they sound from a distance or with other peoples stroke etc. and what fun is it to have a nice cue if you can’t share with friends?

Tattoo knows

Best
Fatboy 😃
I know a guy who has one. Apparently a guy died and he offered the wife about 10% it's value. She had no clue and took it, shady shit but he has it. I keep looking for him to bring it out one day so I can give her a go

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played a couple games of one pocket with Eric's BB player and it is one of if not the best playing cue I have ever used. The hit seems to transfer immediately from the tip to your stroke hand for an incredible feel that is easier felt than described. The only other cue I recall feeling like that is an ugly Omega/DPK that I picked up from a broke player at CJ's in the late 1990s that I wish I hadn't sold.

Have fun at the Cup Eric and thanks for the updates.

Take Care
-don

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a guy who has one. Apparently a guy died and he offered the wife about 10% it's value. She had no clue and took it, shady shit but he has it. I keep looking for him to bring it out one day so I can give her a go
That’s so bad when the widow gets exploited. I couldn’t live live with myself pulling a move like that. Mrs Fatboy knows the value of the cues and I have a few guys who would make sure she wouldn’t get robbed like that. I made sure of that long ago. I have promised a couple guys I’d look out for their wife’s if something ever happened to them.

Everyone with cues or knowledge of cues should look out for each other’s family or spouses. That’s very important.

Best
Fatboy😃

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good topic maybe should have it's own thread.
Lets say you see a high end cues worth thousands at a garage sale and it's priced at $100 what do you do?
Buy it and laugh all the way home?
Tell the seller what it's worth and maybe give them a fair price or help them sell it at market value?

PracticeChampion

Lets say you see a high end cues worth thousands at a garage sale and it's priced at $100 what do you do?
Tell the seller what it's worth and maybe give them a fair price or help them sell it at market value?
I never find deals like that so I can't say LoL but I get it, a good deal is a deal. Problem with this is he knew the circumstances and people and took advantage of a widow in need

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
I'm a huge Boar fan. I have a plain one that plays so pure and four other "fancy" ones (not as fancy as Fatboys' )

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy....I am open for adoption, if you will that BB to me I'll be the best son you never had 🤞😎😂😂

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been honest with people just to get the opportunity to buy a cue from a family member. Offer several times asking. Most times they are appreciative and then they hold out for more!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At a store it’s on the store to know what they have and price it accordingly.

Robbing innocent people is a different thing

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I would give them a price based on a fair estimate, or offer to help them sell it for a fair value. I've never been a fan of taking advantage of folks. It's bad juju as far as I'm concerned.

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing this Fatboy. What a monster.

I might have some pics Steve shared of his build on this forum. It was incredible seeing pics of those cues in progress (mostly the inlays). I’ll try to find them. Yours is truly mind blowing.

Do you still have the Barry tribute cue? That was my fave cue of ALL-TIME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk