New " pool hall " below the old Big Daddy's

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
What in the actual space where Big Daddys was?

Yes. I heard the same thing as Carl. Two step opening. First the downstairs with Diamond boxes and then eventually busting through the floor and putting big tables back in upstairs.

Hope it's true. I liked Big Daddy's and I like one of the people that have a hand in opening it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great news. I always enjoyed teaching at Big Daddy's, and was sad to see it closed. I definitely will be stopping in to Cues & Brews the next time I'm in the Baltimore area! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Yes. I heard the same thing as Carl. Two step opening. First the downstairs with Diamond boxes and then eventually busting through the floor and putting big tables back in upstairs.

Hope it's true. I liked Big Daddy's and I like one of the people that have a hand in opening it.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow! Sounds like this place has the potential to be amazing . If they have the whole downstairs and whole upstairs - that's a huge space.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Well since I moved to Shrewsbury, I am thinking I am the same distance to Big Daddy's as I was when I lived in Lusby MD.

So I guess that means life still sucks for me.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well since I moved to Shrewsbury, I am thinking I am the same distance to Big Daddy's as I was when I lived in Lusby MD.

So I guess that means life still sucks for me.

Wow you really were in southern MD weren't ya! I have a friend in Shrewsbury and we have made that trip many times, I really don't think it's that bad - baring rush hour and traffic. If it's rush hour I ain't going NO WHERE.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yeah, I was in the middle of the land of the SMIB's

LOL

Wow you really were in southern MD weren't ya! I have a friend in Shrewsbury and we have made that trip many times, I really don't think it's that bad - baring rush hour and traffic. If it's rush hour I ain't going NO WHERE.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, someone told me the plan is to put 9 foots upstairs cut a hole in the floor so you can see down to the bar

I know that's the plan , but we will see how long that takes ,, I'd say the cost of that is going to be more than they spent in renovations to the space thier in now which was pretty much turn key

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we talking about Carl the Printer? Ifor so leave him alone lol. I know I'm less than half his age and I've spent plenty of time sleeping in the chair lol.

But do you do it right after a cup of coffee ,,, ya I believe that's who it is

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But do you do it right after a cup of coffee ,,, ya I believe that's who it is

Lol. Well he is pretty much an elder now so.... plus if I recall correctly he didn't really gamble - maybe $10 and time if you twisted his arm. It's all good. Carl was always a good guy as I can remember - although we were in completely different circles.