New Predator Table

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just updated their FB page by stating that this table's official launch won't be til 2022.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were it not for Ferdinand and Isabella, it is possible that there would be no such thing as Made in the U.S.A.

Poetic Justice!

Viva Espana!

Viva Seve Ballesteros!

Viva Miguel Cervantes!

OOOOOOH-AHHHHHHH!

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I will sell my Diamond and buy one *when* the majority of my league(s) and tournaments use them.

In my MSP suburb, our establishments are at roughly 94% Diamond, 6% Valley.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I hope they have ball boxes for one pocket players, and other games. Is there a rake holder? The Diamond red labels/early 90's had neither.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read that this table is essentially a rebranded Sam table, model KSteel2. Where I play pool in the Netherlands, we've had Sam tables for as long as I remember, mostly older models but also a few of the KSteel2 model. My experience with them is that they can be unforgiving, the pockets will not allow a lot of sloppy play.

And I like the older model tables a lot more than the KSteel2 tables, mostly because the rails seem a bit unpredictable (which could of course be a problem with the tables in our poolhall) and also because I don't like the sound the pockets make when a ball is pocketed (that's a personal thing though, of course).

NoDirtyHippies

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the Matchroom Facebook page.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1622812708038.jpg
    FB_IMG_1622812708038.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 289

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Curious to see how tight the pockets are, the shelf depth and what the cut is. Maybe they just make them pro-cut and call it a day.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
FWIW
I just wrote to em and mentioned, ball box?, rake holders? and foot rail score counters like the GC's.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read that this table is essentially a rebranded Sam table, model KSteel2. Where I play pool in the Netherlands, we've had Sam tables for as long as I remember, mostly older models but also a few of the KSteel2 model. My experience with them is that they can be unforgiving, the pockets will not allow a lot of sloppy play.

And I like the older model tables a lot more than the KSteel2 tables, mostly because the rails seem a bit unpredictable (which could of course be a problem with the tables in our poolhall) and also because I don't like the sound the pockets make when a ball is pocketed (that's a personal thing though, of course).
Wow, I hadn't heard of SAM tables in decades. When the infamous Chelsea Billiards in NYC changed ownership, there was some discussion about moving to SAM tables. They ended up selling off the Gold Crown 3s in favor of black Gold Crown 4s, probably because Brunswicks were known for being a bit more forgiving than the KSteels. In the end, the decision meant very little since it's no longer a real poolroom but for a brief time, it was very exciting (and later, depressing) to see all the changes.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I found Kim Steels played too short....I actually think the rails are too low ( the old ones)
..even the carom tables were a half diamond short.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found Kim Steels played too short....I actually think the rails are too low ( the old ones)
..even the carom tables were a half diamond short.
Well, we're gonna see how they play starting tomorrow. I'm still very curious to see what the price point is but I'm betting they'll be right in line with the Diamond Pro/Am, which will be a bit disappointing. I think a table manufacturer could be very successful if they built a Tournament Style table in the $4k range that, perhaps, didn't have all of the commercial style craftsmanship meant to withstand poolroom use. I was kind of hoping this table was aiming for that market.