New room, Ox Billiards in Seattle

gerryf

The new all-ages pool hall ... with 5,500 square feet of space housing four full-size snooker tables of mahogany and Chinese Gold, plus eight more nine-foot pool tables, black-finished and felted in blue by Rasson Billiards.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
take out one snooker table and put in a 3 cushion table.

doesnt look very spectator /meaning place to hang out. so its a play or get out place.

high rates dont go well for those that play long sessions or are newcomers.

they have a long hard road ahead. but a nice place to play.

if you just play ten hours on the weekends thats $10,000 a year to play there.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

doesnt look very spectator /meaning place to hang out. so its a play or get out place.

Given they were charging $400 to see Judd, I guess people round there have deep pockets ;-)

gerryf

That's using public rates. If you're a member it's 20% off regular rates, and you also have off-hour 24/7 access for $8/hour. Membership is $200/year.

HAPPY HOUR RATES: EVERY DAY, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m., $12
EVENING RATES: SUN - THR, 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. $15
EVENING RATES: FRI - SAT, 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. $20
AFTER-HOUR MEMBER RATES: $8

Rates are total cost for 4 players or less. I see lots of 4-player groups on Fri/Sat evenings, and at $5/hour each (non-members) it's much cheaper than going to a movie.

An interesting approach.

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
That's using public rates. If you're a member it's 20% off regular rates, and you also have off-hour 24/7 access for $8/hour. Membership is $200/year.

HAPPY HOUR RATES: EVERY DAY, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m., $12
EVENING RATES: SUN - THR, 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. $15
EVENING RATES: FRI - SAT, 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. $20
AFTER-HOUR MEMBER RATES: $8

Rates are total cost for 4 players or less. I see lots of 4-player groups on Fri/Sat evenings, and at $5/hour each (non-members) it's much cheaper than going to a movie.

An interesting approach.
Ouch. I hope they pay better out there.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
in seattle a movie is around ten bucks. so for two hours it isnt much cheaper.

but it is a nice room that is expensive to play in. will it make money, we will see.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seattle is a very expensive area in general, look at the housing market ! 🤯 This is a fair price for that market. It's nice to hear of a place opening instead of closing.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Seattle is a very expensive area in general, look at the housing market ! 🤯 This is a fair price for that market. It's nice to hear of a place opening instead of closing.

Lot of big bucks jobs in great Seattle Area, but they also have those living check to check.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its really not good that they open. in reality if they make it with those prices other rooms stupidly think that is now the going rate and raise their rates. which drives out newcomers and hurts chances pool ever recovers.

which relegates pool to be a friday night date place for bangers with their girl friends.

gerryf

its really not good that they open. in reality if they make it with those prices other rooms stupidly think that is now the going rate and raise their rates. which drives out newcomers and hurts chances pool ever recovers.

which relegates pool to be a friday night date place for bangers with their girl friends.
At a few pool rooms near me, they have a $12/hour rate, but if you belong to the league, it's $5/hour all-you-can-play until 7 pm, and $5/hour after that. That encourages a lot of participation.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would only go there to check out the Rasson tables and see how they compare to a Diamond. Other than that I know I have action at the Golden Fleece.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I looked at their web-site last night they are doing thing to hopefully make a go of this Pool Room. Time will tell if they make it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I don't think they're catering to pool players, smart move on their part, means selling bottled water will work without all the complaints!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Have you been to Seattle recently, like in the last 20 years? Seattle don't really have a 3C crowd, and those that do play, go to the Asian pool rooms on Rainier Ave, and MLK. Snooker has a better draw as there's more people from India coming into Seattle all the time, and those 4 Snooker tables are about it for Seattle snooker, unless the Eastlake Zoo still has their snooker table.

And u guarantee you, no one's playing 10 hr days on the weekends in Seattle, Golden Fleece maybe, providing they have action, if not, they're gone!