NEW RULES IN THE Wanted/For Sale section???

There is stuff to be bought and sold on here???
Oh, you are talking about the place that died. .......I get it now.

About the rules........if you don't like them. Hit the road or get over it. Sent the OP a PM like the rules tell you to do. While you are at it ask him to start a thread in the Main about the cue and trophy."]

You got it Allen...
I'll get right on it.. :rolleyes:
 
Actually there are a few billiard sale sections, they are the opposite of this one. To much bumping. I joined a few weeks ago and have yet to post anything.

BTW your referenced group is actually closed.... just to set the facts straight. :D

I am surprised there is not a Cue Collectors Discussion sub forum. It would actually be a good place to discuss cues.

JV

Over bumping ??

Yeah it was a pandemic?? lol
Bigger fish to fry in my opinion..

Facebook has OPEN BILLIARDS MARKET with over 10,000 guests..
The place is active, doing well, and it's a free bump zone..

I hate to see WFS losing it's reputation as the BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR BILLIARD RELATED PRODUCTS...
 
I also loved hearing the history behind some of these cues, I don't understand what's so hard about looking at a few pages? Are you guys seriously so busy that you can't scroll through a few pages every day???
New rules suck!
 
The 'friends helping friends with nice cue, cue was mine and it plays jam up, what kind of tip is on it was BS.

I only came on a year and a half ago but it was so obvious to me and am sure to other respected member's that shill bumps were prevalent and unfair to those with any scruples.. I purchased a few and sold a few here and it was amazing how fast my cue wen't from the front to the back. Not a flipper just moving things around.

Allot of potential buyers as well as window shoppers scan the first few pages and do not go back to page 12. In a few hours your cue was buried due to all of the 'Friends helping friends' bumping within the 48 hour rule. Is that Cortland ? Is that Ivory ? to the top she goes.

PM's then phone calls are the proper way to go. I like many others always handled any of our questions, comments or remarks this way. Takes a few seconds. I believe the only members here that are not in favor of the new rule are the ones that miss the free rides and shills increasing the value of their cue..

Plenty of beautiful cues as well as conversation, things to learn in other places here than in the FS section. I love this place even though it probably has areas where they could improve.

-My 2c

Davekat
 
It used to be a great place..
I learned a lot about custom cues over the years in the WFS..
There used to be a lot of knowledge shared by members like yourself..

Couldn't / shouldn't that be done in the Cue Gallery? Show them off, learn new things, etc...
 
I think there are valid complaints/reasoning from both sides.

I personally hated the excessive bumping but also enjoyed the knowledge that came from legitimately informative posts that actually added something.

I don't claim to have all the answers but I think my ideas bring together the best of both sides.

1. Cue flippers, cue sellers, dealers and cue makers should be afforded their own subsection to advertise independently from the For Sale Forum. IE - for 200 bucks a year you'll have your own subsection to post your items for sale, share your current work and post to your own gallery. This could be customized in many different ways. These "pay for" subforums have been successful on many other forums. Your own little retail/advert area.

In the For Sale forum -

2. Install a mod that allows posts but prohibits the posts from bumping the thread.

3. Install an autobump feature. Each thread will autobump every 72 hours for a limit of 90 days or until sold. Gold members and "pay for" subforum members will receive autobumps at every 48 hours.

4. If you wish to pay for your listing (a dollar or two a listing) it will autobump every 24 hours for a limit of 90 days or until sold.

5. Install a mod that allows the OP to change the thread to "SOLD".

These few changes will control the bumping without stifling the conversation. The subforums open up a stream of revenue and allow those who want to pay a place to showcase their work. I know I would pay for one.
 
Last edited:
I have for the most part quit spending any time on the for sale section. Since it was the main reason I visited the site, I've quit spending much time here at all. I understand the reasons behind the change, but I don't like them at all. I never minded posts getting down on the list quick, or people bumping up their thread the next day. Just meant there was a lot of traffic, and never had a problem selling a cue here.

I also find it annoying when people won't use the pm system here, I prefer it over email. I know where to look to find past deals quickly with the pm's.
 
Last edited:
I have for the most part quit spending any time on the for sale section. Since it was the main reason I visited the site, I've quit spending much time here at all. I understand the reasons behind the change, but I don't like them at all. I never minded posts getting down on the list quick, or people bumping up their thread the next day. Just meant there was a lot of traffic, and never had a problem selling a cue here.

I also find it annoying when people won't use the pm system here, I prefer it over email. I know where to look to find past deals quickly with the pm's.

It's not the same, and I don't spend nearly as much time as I used to..
It used to me a great place.
I believe mortuarymike-nv is onto something.. Pretty sad

I prefer email myself..

With all of the B.S. related to buying/selling/trading unfortunately you have to cover yourself.. Email allows me to save every conversation..

PM's have a limit, and it's a pain in the ass going back and forth from PM'S to the Forum..
 
Back
Top