NEW RULES IN THE Wanted/For Sale section???

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any opinions????

I'm thinking it SUCKS!
Sorry to the POWERS, but it does.. Hear me out..

Who would of thought a forum which is fueled off of participation is being hand-cuffed..It makes zero sense..

Great example below..

We have a AWSOME offering right now in the Wanted/For Sale section..

Titled: Wimpy's Balabushka For Sale

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=387931

racer55 is the seller asking 44000.00 for the cue..
The seller is also offering Wimpys 1969 US Open trophy for full price offer..

I'm not a potential buyer for the cue, and I'm not saying this offer isn't legit..

What sucks is nobody can reply to the thread..

These types of cues don't come around often..
This would have been a great opportunity to learn some great history about a rare piece..

I'm sure there could of been some great stories attached to this offering..

I do understand some of you here in the main forum could give a $#1t, but starting a thread in the WFS would of been deleted..

For those cue nuts that care what are your thoughts about the new rules?
 
Last edited:
Because the mods were too lazy to actually punish those that did the over bumping, extreme measures had to be taken.
 
The new rules work. If you think a cue that's for sale needs discussion, we are in the right place.

Just my 2 cents

PS.....someone tell ridethebus that his Mobleys will never sell at those prices....tired of looking at them. ;)
 
Because the mods were too lazy to actually punish those that did the over bumping, extreme measures had to be taken.

Over bumping ??

Yeah it was a pandemic?? lol
Bigger fish to fry in my opinion..

Facebook has OPEN BILLIARDS MARKET with over 10,000 guests..
The place is active, doing well, and it's a free bump zone..

I hate to see WFS losing it's reputation as the BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR BILLIARD RELATED PRODUCTS...
 
The new rules work. If you think a cue that's for sale needs discussion, we are in the right place.

Just my 2 cents

PS.....someone tell ridethebus that his Mobleys will never sell at those prices....tired of looking at them. ;)

Over bumping ??

Yeah it was a pandemic?? lol
Bigger fish to fry in my opinion..

Facebook has OPEN BILLIARDS MARKET with over 10,000 guests..
The place is active, doing well, and it's a free bump zone..

I hate to see WFS losing it's reputation as the BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR BILLIARD RELATED PRODUCTS...

Wanted/For Sale does not suck.

What $ucks are the idiot members like the one above continually bumping
over priced fire wood that no one wants.

Perhaps a thread should be deleted after 1000 views and a no sale ?

That would stop that bull$hit.
 
Any opinions????

I'm thinking it SUCKS!
Sorry to the POWERS, but it does.. Hear me out..

Who would of thought a forum which is fueled off of participation is being hand-cuffed..It makes zero sense..

Great example below..

We have a AWSOME offering right now in the Wanted/For Sale section..

Titled: Wimpy's Balabushka For Sale

racer55 is the seller asking 44000.00 for the cue..
The seller is also offering Wimpys 1969 US Open trophy for full price offer..

I'm not a potential buyer for the cue, and I'm not saying this offer isn't legit..

What sucks is nobody can reply to the thread..

These types of cues don't come around often..
This would have been a great opportunity to learn some great history about a rare piece..

I'm sure there could of been some great stories attached to this offering..

I do understand some of you here in the main forum could give a $#1t, but starting a thread in the WFS would of been deleted..

For those cue nuts that care what are your thoughts about the new rules?

You don't get comments on Craigslist or EBay ,, why should you here , 99.9 pct where comments meant to bump it up rarely they were of any value


1
 
You don't get comments on Craigslist or EBay ,, why should you here , 99.9 pct where comments meant to bump it up rarely they were of any value


1

I don't pay to support Craigslist, or EBAY..
I do support, and have supported AZB for a long time....

How about you?
 
Any opinions????

I'm thinking it SUCKS!
Sorry to the POWERS, but it does.. Hear me out..

Who would of thought a forum which is fueled off of participation is being hand-cuffed..It makes zero sense..

Great example below..

We have a AWSOME offering right now in the Wanted/For Sale section..

Titled: Wimpy's Balabushka For Sale

racer55 is the seller asking 44000.00 for the cue..
The seller is also offering Wimpys 1969 US Open trophy for full price offer..

I'm not a potential buyer for the cue, and I'm not saying this offer isn't legit..

What sucks is nobody can reply to the thread..

These types of cues don't come around often..
This would have been a great opportunity to learn some great history about a rare piece..

I'm sure there could of been some great stories attached to this offering..

I do understand some of you here in the main forum could give a $#1t, but starting a thread in the WFS would of been deleted..

For those cue nuts that care what are your thoughts about the new rules?

I thought everyone complained that people where replying to threads and "illegally" bumping and the change was one that most wanted? I see posts all the time "why is so and so always replying to threads instead of PMs??".

This shows you why democracy sucks do get anything done properly. You make one group happy, another group starts complaining about it.
 
I thought everyone complained that people where replying to threads and "illegally" bumping and the change was one that most wanted? I see posts all the time "why is so and so always replying to threads instead of PMs??".

This shows you why democracy sucks do get anything done properly. You make one group happy, another group starts complaining about it.

The group complaining are the ones bumping the threads up , thier in the minority ,, I shop the section everyday I see no problam , I don't need to read ,, man if I didn't just buy a cue I would be all over this ,, or that's a ton of cue for the money , or my favorite great cue from a great seller ,,

1
 
If you want to discuss a F/S thread, simply do what you have done with this thread...

No reason to discuss it within the ad itself. I like that my ads are untouched by other's comments, even if they are free bumps, or compliments. True, the F/S forum has slowed down, but it still has some great stuff.

If there were a way to make comments (from the OP only) bump ads to the front page, but other user's comments not bump, that might be ideal. Again, it may be impossible, but it might be a compromise.
 
I know somehow you think that has some relevance but it doesn't




1

Your right.. You not supporting AZB isn't relevant..

I support Azb because I enjoy everything related to custom cues.. I spend all the my time in the WFS, and Gallery.. It's relevant..
 
Perhaps a thread should be deleted after 1000 views and a no sale ?

That would stop that bull$hit.

I like this, but I think 1000 might be a little generous. Maybe it gets deleted after a certain number of bumps, or could something be put into the system like only the OP could bump and only every 48 hours? any violation would cause the thread to be deleted.
Perhaps that would require too many billable hours from a programmer.
I don't know, I just keep thinking there has to be a better way
 
i liked it with more interaction

i don't see how the bumping is a problem
500 views and off would be fine ot the person with the thread only allowed a few

dean
 
Your wrong.........................

Any opinions????

I'm thinking it SUCKS!
Sorry to the POWERS, but it does.. Hear me out..

Who would of thought a forum which is fueled off of participation is being hand-cuffed..It makes zero sense..

Great example below..

We have a AWSOME offering right now in the Wanted/For Sale section..

Titled: Wimpy's Balabushka For Sale

racer55 is the seller asking 44000.00 for the cue..
The seller is also offering Wimpys 1969 US Open trophy for full price offer..

I'm not a potential buyer for the cue, and I'm not saying this offer isn't legit..

What sucks is nobody can reply to the thread..

These types of cues don't come around often..
This would have been a great opportunity to learn some great history about a rare piece..

I'm sure there could of been some great stories attached to this offering..

I do understand some of you here in the main forum could give a $#1t, but starting a thread in the WFS would of been deleted..

For those cue nuts that care what are your thoughts about the new rules?


It makes perfect sense if you are trying to make a living off of this forum.
This forum is a business, and nothing less and the owners want this forum to support them.
Last year and 2 years before that was the times they decided to change the rules in the wanted for sale section.
Both times it was at Christmas time.
Both times they said no new billiard products can be listed.

The changes are all about money and the bigger advertisers who buy the banners.
The small time cue flippers are competition to the big billiard supply houses.
It was there way of trying to control the market over Christmas time.

And this makes perfect sense...........................
 
Wanted/For Sale does not suck.

What $ucks are the idiot members like the one above continually bumping
over priced fire wood that no one wants.

Perhaps a thread should be deleted after 1000 views and a no sale ?

That would stop that bull$hit.

The OP could just relist the item.....in this case it's almost an embarrassment and an insult to Randy.
 
i liked it with more interaction

i don't see how the bumping is a problem
500 views and off would be fine ot the person with the thread only allowed a few

dean

It used to be a great place..
I learned a lot about custom cues over the years in the WFS..
There used to be a lot of knowledge shared by members like yourself..
 
It makes perfect sense if you are trying to make a living off of this forum.
This forum is a business, and nothing less and the owners want this forum to support them.
Last year and 2 years before that was the times they decided to change the rules in the wanted for sale section.
Both times it was at Christmas time.
Both times they said no new billiard products can be listed.

The changes are all about money and the bigger advertisers who buy the banners.
The small time cue flippers are competition to the big billiard supply houses.
It was there way of trying to control the market over Christmas time.

And this makes perfect sense...........................

Exactly ....... +1
I was turned off by all the bs bumping and
steered clear of W/FS until the change.
 
There is stuff to be bought and sold on here???
Oh, you are talking about the place that died. .......I get it now.

About the rules........if you don't like them. Hit the road or get over it. Sent the OP a PM like the rules tell you to do. While you are at it ask him to start a thread in the Main about the cue and trophy.
 
It makes perfect sense if you are trying to make a living off of this forum.
This forum is a business, and nothing less and the owners want this forum to support them.
Last year and 2 years before that was the times they decided to change the rules in the wanted for sale section.
Both times it was at Christmas time.
Both times they said no new billiard products can be listed.

The changes are all about money and the bigger advertisers who buy the banners.
The small time cue flippers are competition to the big billiard supply houses.
It was there way of trying to control the market over Christmas time.

And this makes perfect sense...........................

Wow...
Is it possible the Anit-bumpers were planted to create this charade??

Seriously you might be right, but I really hope your not..
 
Back
Top