NEW Subforum for REVIEWS!

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
I have requested and received a new subforum all about product reviews. You can review any product and service you want, from pool tables, to cue accessories, to cases, instructors, and all other instructional materials.

The rules are as follows. There should only be one thread per product and the reviews must be fair, factual, non-solicited, and non-biased by USERS of the product. This does not mean that the review can't be negative, just make it tactful and honest. If you disagree, add your review to the thread.

This means if you want to review something, and it doesn't exist in that forum already, you write your own thread. If someone else wants to add their review, they add it to the same thread.

This subforum will not be for people to come in and "request" reviews and products, and it will not be for unsolicited advertising.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I like the subforum on reviews. Very nice, I hope we get some good contributions.

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
HAHA... ooops... I even looked for a thread but didn't find one. I thought maybe AZHousePro would have made one. Oh well...

*really I just wanted credit for asking for the section* hehe

The subforum was only put up 2 days ago. What I need now is to have this thread stickied somewhere so that the rules are read and not lost in the main forum.

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
NO!!!!! She's telling people to go to the new forum that I requested and is now available. Her and my threads serve the same purpose!

[edited due to gender biasing] He was a She. Oops, sorry JAM

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might turn into a good thing - I don't know. Now that it's available for use, however - you'd probably do well to let the forum populace determine & police its usage over time. They will anyway... AZ is a fine group seems to do a good job of keeping the road smooth over the long haul.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO!!!!! He's telling people to go to the new forum that I requested and is now available. His and my threads serve the same purpose!

Jackie is just speeding away
Thought she was James Dean for a day
Then I guess she had to crash
Valium would have helped that bash
Said, Hey babe,
Take a walk on the wild side
I said, Hey honey,
Take a walk on the wild side
And then all the girls say,
Doo do doo do doo do do doo....

[Lou Reed — "Walk On The Wild Side"]

Then he was a she....:p:embarrassed2::wink::eek::grin-square::thumbup:

Peasly23

It means if you created the product or provided the service, you can't review your own product. It has to be a customer review.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
What does "USERS" mean?

pj
chgo
MOJOE:
Seems to me that would mean, if you have not used or tried the product, don't try to review it!
I assume that goes without saying - how could you review something you haven't used or tried? Yet the word is in all caps as if it needs emphasizing - so I'm wondering why.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It means if you created the product or provided the service, you can't review your own product. It has to be a customer review.

That's a sensible interpretation, and would explain the emphasis. Thanks.

pj <- why didn't I think of that?
chgo

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I like Peasley's answer better than mine too.. Makes sense to me..

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notice that there are now two forums for cue reviews, one in the new product review section, and one in the Cue section. Do we need two?

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
Does this mean reviews will be discouraged in the Main Forum?

I would think so... at least that's why I asked to have this section created anyway.

brechbt said:
I notice that there are now two forums for cue reviews, one in the new product review section, and one in the Cue section. Do we need two?

No we don't. I was hoping AZHousePro would move those reviews to this new area. I asked him about it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Peasly23 said:

Peasy23 has it right on the nose. That's what I meant about "USERS". Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suggest:
  • adding a section for Cases
  • adding a section for Shafts, or changing the Cues section to Cues and Shafts