New to Raleigh NC

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Hello everyone,
I didn't post for a while now. We moved form Ma to NC couple of month ago and I didn't have time to wander around here.
I didn't play pool for a few month as well and I thought it's time to blow the dust out of my cues and shoot a few racks.
I am in Cary NC and I saw a lot of poolrooms around here.
Anyone around this area?
Any leagues?
Tournaments?
Cuemakers?
Pool shops?
Please share any info regarding pool in Raleigh area/ NC area.
Looking forward to meet you guys.

All the best,

Chris N.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lot of great rooms in the area. Brass Tap on Capitol blvd in Raleigh is probably the best known action room. Browns is nice too. I always enjoyed babineaux is Cary.

Just_Play

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brass Tap in Raleigh is a long standing pool room in NC. Have weekly tournaments on Thur. & Fri. nights. Usually good turnouts too. Breaktime Billiards in Cary is a good place also.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also moved down to the area from Boston (9 years ago).

The Lone Wolf Pool Network has multiple tournaments every week, mostly bouncing between Break Time Billiards in Cary and Bucks Billiards in Raleigh.

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Fuquay Varina and play at Tyler's Tavern. Diamond tables, 2 of which are masters tables, all of which came from the US Open. Break time is good, just recovered their tables but the 2 tables at Tyler's are the best in the area. It's more of a sports bar atmosphere but they have great food, lots of TVs and not a lot of people during the day.

Brass Tap is a good place, typical old school pool hall. They only have 3 Diamonds and one tight GC that has super shallow pockets. The rest are older GC2s I think with 5" pockets and coin ops.

Shoot me a PM and we can try to hookup at some point.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Guys you are great. Thanks a lot I'll check them all. Last night i played in HighHouse Billiards in Cary. GCs and nice place, not so big and tables are pretty clean. Please keep them coming and also if you have any other info about tournaments around drop them here. Much appreciated! CCn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigB

Registered
Hit me up as well if you'd ever like to go hit some. I play at Bucks on Tuesdays so I'll be there after 5 tonight if you are out and about. Also, if you have any questions on who to (and who not to) let work on your cues around here, let me know.
B

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,
I didn't post for a while now. We moved form Ma to NC couple of month ago and I didn't have time to wander around here.
I didn't play pool for a few month as well and I thought it's time to blow the dust out of my cues and shoot a few racks.
I am in Cary NC and I saw a lot of poolrooms around here.
Anyone around this area?
Any leagues?
Tournaments?
Cuemakers?
Pool shops?
Please share any info regarding pool in Raleigh area/ NC area.
Looking forward to meet you guys.

All the best,

Chris N.

We miss seeing you in Ayer :frown: Well, Alex and I do at least LOL

Funny you moved down there just a few months after my daughter moved from the same area back to MA.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Guys you are great. Thanks a lot I'll check them all. Last night i played in HighHouse Billiards in Cary. GCs and nice place, not so big and tables are pretty clean. Please keep them coming and also if you have any other info about tournaments around drop them here. Much appreciated! CCn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of tournaments are you looking for?

I know Breaktime, Browns, Bucks and Brass Tap all have weekly tourneys.

Q City https://www.facebook.com/TheQCity9BallTour/?fref=ts

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
We miss seeing you in Ayer :frown: Well, Alex and I do at least LOL

Funny you moved down there just a few months after my daughter moved from the same area back to MA.

Really wooow! I miss you guys too. But I need to make the move as my job depends on weather a lot.
I'll probably visit in fall...not sure tho.
Keep shooting and make it worth! Say hi to Alex from me ;).