NEW Virginia State 9-Ball Champion

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Just got back from the Virginia State 9-Ball Tournament held by Josh Dickerson at The Playing Field in Richmond, Virginia.

Josh, I had THE BEST time!

The tournament was FIRST CLASS, and there was a perfect full field of 64 players with no byes!

Chris Loar of Fredericksburg, Virginia, is the NEW Virginia State 9-Ball Champion! Thanks to Camel Cigarettes who sponsored the $500 entry fee for the lucky winner to the 2004 U.S. Open, we will be seeing Chris later this year at the Chesapeake Beach Conference Center!

Congratulations to Chris Loar, the new Virginia State 9-Ball Champion!

Purdman

Banned
Good Post

Good post Keith. Chris is not only a great pool player, he is a very nice human being. When you go in the pool hall he runs, you are treated with respect. The guy runs the hall, cooks, makes sure you have everything you need, and waits your table. Definately one of the good guys in the game.
Purdman :cool:

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dog gone it Don! Now you're going to make me want to root for someone other than one of our AZers! LMAO! Just kidding! It's always great to hear there is another one of the "good guys" in this game!

Donald A. Purdy said:
Good post Keith. Chris is not only a great pool player, he is a very nice human being. When you go in the pool hall he runs, you are treated with respect. The guy runs the hall, cooks, makes sure you have everything you need, and waits your table. Definately one of the good guys in the game.
Purdman :cool:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, Keith! Thats my story!! I just got back from there too!! I had a great time too!! Except for the parts where Keith and Chris rolled over me :rolleyes: !

But in all honesty, Keith, you play too good!! Chris must've played a very good match to take you out. I played him in the loser's final to get to you but, like I said, he rolled over me- I took 3rd but wanted that US Open freebie!!!

No hard feelings even tho I hate to lose- you are a respectful (and amazing) competitor. Thanks too for telling me about that shot you missed vs. Sigel! I always wondered!

:cool: BB :cool:

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
chris also won the men's open amateur 9ball SINGLE ELIMINATION tournament with 986 guys entered at allen hopkins expo in march '04.

dontscratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played Chris and he beat me 9-1, but he was as nice as he could be,and I am happy for him. i thought it was a great tournament, and I hope to be back next year without a back brace for an excuse.