New WHYTE CARBON vs. Predator Revo Carbon Fiber Shaft ... "Ebony and Ivory"

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's probably not you actually. Lol. I messaged him on FB Messenger. He told me he offers it and sent me some pics that I'm including here.
d1ee9846fb020bb51b1f6bd8da91e9d1.jpg

be3573f8968de00f9b61d095a5d4e4e4.jpg
Wow. I am in on that one. I have Bob Runde making me a kielwood shaft for my Schon shooter. As soon as I get that one I'm going to order this one.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Michael Bennett / John Bertone, you can respond on this site and get a larger viewing / exposure, than you will on FB. There are a lot of us interested in your products.

Turn-around time from ordering?
What kind of finish / coating do the white and wheat colored shafts have?

Grimper

It’s only a matter of time until someone comes up with a cream color carbon fiber shaft.
By experimenting with the color darkness, it might start to resemble a maple wood shaft.

Imagine that, a stealth like combination that looks like orig. maple shaft but is actually CF.
Yup, it’s only a question of when and I suspect before 2023 rolls over this may come true.

I can't wait for this to happen! I love CF shafts, but something about that black color that just keeps me from aiming as accurately as I do with a good ol' wood shaft.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't wait for this to happen! I love CF shafts, but something about that black color that just keeps me from aiming as accurately as I do with a good ol' wood shaft.
My interest is a little more vain. I just don't like the color black when matched up with my beautiful playing cues. I've played CF shafts extensively since they first came out and like the way they play. I just could never get used to the black. That's why I transitioned to the kiel wood shaft. I'm going to put that through the ringer until I can get more information on the Whyte wheat colored shaft.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I thought they have been had wood colored carbon shafts,
My buddy said he had one yrs ago, I didn't investigate or remember what brand

Grimper

My interest is a little more vain. I just don't like the color black when matched up with my beautiful playing cues. I've played CF shafts extensively since they first came out and like the way they play. I just could never get used to the black. That's why I transitioned to the kiel wood shaft. I'm going to put that through the ringer until I can get more information on the Whyte wheat colored shaft.
Yep, I 100% get this, too.

chenjy9

For anyone who uses this shaft (reviews are basically nonexistent), how does the coating hold up over time? I am interested in getting one for one of my new custom cues, but don't want to end up with a coating that gets sticky over time like the old Cuetec Excalibur cues used to.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just use wood then. Or am I missing something.
. Also about durability. I've seen guys maul CF shafts on the stupid valley table irons. (Probably their own stupidity)
And I haven't seen it happen in pool yet. but when carbon fiber breaks it blows up for lack of better term. Any kind of flaw in it Is an issue

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
why would you pay $550 for this shaft when a revo is $499 and is lower in deflection?
unless the shaft color is that important to you

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the biggest benefits, to me anyway, is the super slickness of cf shafts. Well, most of them. The McDermott sucked in this regard. I'd be real leery of a shaft that was coated just to look like wood. If they can make it as slick as a Revo/Cynergy/Ignite my hat's off to to Whyte.

Grimper

One of the biggest benefits, to me anyway, is the super slickness of cf shafts. Well, most of them. The McDermott sucked in this regard. I'd be real leery of a shaft that was coated just to look like wood. If they can make it as slick as a Revo/Cynergy/Ignite my hat's off to to Whyte.
Agree 100% on the McDermott CF shaft. Very sticky compared to a REVO / Cuetec.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why would you pay $550 for this shaft when a revo is $499 and is lower in deflection?
unless the shaft color is that important to you
Why would you pay 499 for a revo from a company who's made a fortune off of Chinese slave labor??? Brilliant marketing I guess. Nothing wrong with quality Chinese product. But the price should be WAY less. Hell I'd bet they are sourcing stuff from whatever asian company from some third world country has the cheapest bid. Honest opinion a 150$ maple shaft plays better. And lasts for years and alot of times decades. My two cents.

If I was a new player. I'm going for a cue with three maple shafts vs one revo. A 29" a 30" and one conical taper .

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why would you pay 499 for a revo from a company who's made a fortune off of Chinese slave labor??? Brilliant marketing I guess. Nothing wrong with quality Chinese product. But the price should be WAY less. Hell I'd bet they are sourcing stuff from whatever asian company from some third world country has the cheapest bid. Honest opinion a 150$ maple shaft plays better. And lasts for years and alot of times decades. My two cents.

If I was a new player. I'm going for a cue with three maple shafts vs one revo. A 29" a 30" and one conical taper .
everyone is entitled to their opinion
i respecfully dont agree that 3 wood shafts equal 1 revo
as for price
the majority of cf shafts are far more expensive than wood