New wrap/shaft

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Here is one of my older cues sent to me for a new embossed lizard wrap to replace the linen and a new 2nd shaft. It is for a fellow AZer and I think it spruced up the cue and the wrap looks great. Good to see cues you have built many moons ago come back to life.
Thanx,
Jim Lee

HPIM2915Small.jpg

HPIM2916SmallSmall.jpg

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the cue that told me "This is the guy to build your cues." I was at a new pool hall last night and when I went to cash out the guy behind the counter said "What are you playing with? that looked like a nice piece of Bocote" I stuck out my chest and told him "A J&D Custom. Here take a look but don't drop it and damn sure don't drool on it" My buddy about pissed his pants laughing. Thanks Jimbo.

cueguy

Just a repair guy
Silver Member
New cue

J&D CUSTOMS said:
Here is one of my older cues sent to me for a new embossed lizard wrap to replace the linen and a new 2nd shaft. It is for a fellow AZer and I think it spruced up the cue and the wrap looks great. Good to see cues you have built many moons ago come back to life.
Thanx,
Jim Lee

HPIM2915Small.jpg

HPIM2916SmallSmall.jpg

I am the proud papa of this beauty!!!
Can't wait to get that baby!
Thanks Jim...
Larry Hale

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry,

I played up at Bumpers earlier in the year and had you do some work for me as well. Didnt know you owned a Jim Lee, mine is coming anyday now:thumbup:

cueguy

Just a repair guy
Silver Member
Neat

powerlineman80 said:
Larry,

I played up at Bumpers earlier in the year and had you do some work for me as well. Didnt know you owned a Jim Lee, mine is coming anyday now:thumbup:

It's great to be able to meet people face to face when you have talked to them on the forums. Let me know the next time you go to Bumpers and I'll try to make that a night that I setup ;-)

Can't wait to try out that great cue!

Thanks,
Larry Hale

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueguy said:
It's great to be able to meet people face to face when you have talked to them on the forums. Let me know the next time you go to Bumpers and I'll try to make that a night that I setup ;-)

Thanks,
Larry Hale

I quit after the last session, but hope to get back up there one night just to shoot around and get away from these bar boxes thats around here and shoot on something decent for a change:grin:

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the matched set Jim made for me this past winter. Both cues came from the the same piece off wood which he let me pick out. I told him what I wanted and he delivered exactly what I had in mind. I like wood with heavy grain. I'm real big on plain cues so you can see why this cue convinced me to go with Jim. No "bling". Just plain, simple, and pretty. I have had several people play with this cue and after a couple of racks they are visibly impressed. My main game is Straight Pool so I do very little breaking and very very little jumping so I had him make a "stealth" B/J cue for me.

Attachments

• Bocote 1.jpg
    Bocote 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Bocote 2.jpg
    Bocote 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 58

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Your welcome Larry. Hope you enjoy your new wrap and shaft. Thanx to you to Ed, haven't seen those Bacote twins in awhile.
Thanx again,
Jim Lee

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueguy said:

Thanks,
Larry Hale

Oh yea we've met before during league play, I bought you a few Bud Selects for some tip shaping:D