Nicknames for the Mosconi Cup players

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I missed most of what went on at the Mosconi Cup this year except what has been posted in this forum and on Facebook.

I have been kind of busy lately and that's a good thing but I heard someone (A European for sure) talking about Chris Melling being a little on the plump side and was thinking about a nickname for him. I guess the way he shoots I could call him Chris "No-Miss" Melling or maybe Chris "DoughBoy" Melling as in the Pillsbury Doughboy commercials. He seems like a friendly sort of guy, just ferocious on the pool table and as Jim Wyche reportedly suggested, at the dinner table as well. I'm a little on the portly side so I don't have much room to talk. :grin:

Based upon this year's Mosconic Cup, what nommed de guerre would you give for the players you saw?
 
I missed most of what went on at the Mosconi Cup this year except what has been posted in this forum and on Facebook.

I have been kind of busy lately and that's a good thing but I heard someone (A European for sure) talking about Chris Melling being a little on the plump side and was thinking about a nickname for him. I guess the way he shoots I could call him Chris "No-Miss" Melling or maybe Chris "DoughBoy" Melling as in the Pillsbury Doughboy commercials. He seems like a friendly sort of guy, just ferocious on the pool table and as Jim Wyche reportedly suggested, at the dinner table as well. I'm a little on the portly side so I don't have much room to talk. :grin:

Based upon this year's Mosconic Cup, what nommed de guerre would you give for the players you saw?


Curly, Moe, Larry, Shemp and Curly Joe?
 
By the way, Chris Melling has a nickname, it's "Cue Boy". A few of his followers, including his father, were wearing tee shirts with Chris' name and Cue Boy written on it.
 
OK, I'll take a shot.

Johnny Archer: "tap water" - he really ran hot and cold
Mike Dechaine: "boy wonder" - did a lot of growing up and looks good going forward
Shawn Putnam - "overwhelmed" - the moment seemed too big for him, surprising given his fine play in Chesapeake
Shane VanBoening - "bodybuilder" - got stronger and stronger
Rodney Morris: "Mr. Freeze" - his game never really heated up

Niels Feijen: "MVP" works well
Chris Melling: "The Shocker" - I think he shocked many with how well he played
Darren Appleton: "Gamer" - has the best game face in pool, his determination is obvious
Ralf Souquet: "The Computer" - plays as if a computer were making his decisions for him
Nick VanDenBerg: "the navigator" - sometimes looks lost, but finds his way eventually
 
Johnny "Where is the legends tour for us old guys?" Archer
Mike "Ralph's not so tough" Dechaine
Shawn "I so don't want to be here right now" Putnam
Shane "Can I get a team please?" VanBoening
Rodney "Watch me miss this duck safety" Morris

Niels "I would be the second best player in the USA, I am barely 5th in Europe" Feijen
Chris "Wow, this is pretty easy beating these guys" Melling
Darren "How the F... did I manage to lose to Hatch..." Appleton
Ralf "Did Mike Dechaine just really do that to me?" Souquet
Nick "Why don't YOU go play SVB this time? I want Putnam!" VanDenBerg
 
Back
Top