NIels Feijen YT Channel

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before his YT channel came out, I had such a shallow and poor opinion of Niels. I have known who he is for years, but never saw interviews. He always seemed to have a mean mug on his face in Mosconi play and reminded me of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV. haha

I can not believe how wrong I was. He seems so humble, knowledgeable, articulate, filled with principle and obviously a world class pool player. In addition to teaching me not to be so judgmental, I think his Terminator tips have helped my game.

I can comfortably say that I am a Niels Feijen fan!

Last edited:

WobblyStroke

Does Niels have a video telling shooter how far away the handle hand should be from the body?
Anything like that would fall under 'stance' so look for it in his back to basics: stance vid.

Any answer other than "it depends" is wrong tho. Just sayin. lol
This will vary from player to player, esp dependant on their stance angle and personal anatomy (i.e. short armed heavy woman is going to have a very different stance and distance of back hand to body compared to a lanky man.) The important thing is that whatever you do, you do consistently and with good reason.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anything like that would fall under 'stance' so look for it in his back to basics: stance vid.

Any answer other than "it depends" is wrong tho. Just sayin. lol
This will vary from player to player, esp dependant on their stance angle and personal anatomy (i.e. short armed heavy woman is going to have a very different stance and distance of back hand to body compared to a lanky man.) The important thing is that whatever you do, you do consistently and with good reason.
if the hand can follow the cue in a straight line and go past the hip without interference
isnt distance ok?
or said another way
if the hand follows the cue in a straight line and hits the hip it is too close to the body?

WobblyStroke

if the hand can follow the cue in a straight line and go past the hip without interference
isnt distance ok?
or said another way
if the hand follows the cue in a straight line and hits the hip it is too close to the body?
Yes. At a minimum, the cue should have clearance and be unobstructed through delivery. But once that basic necessity is met, there can be quite a range of exactly how far away from the body the grip hand is. This will vary from player to player. Stance angle and anatomy play a role here and since those vary, the gap between hand and body will as well. The key is that it remain consistent for the player, whether they are just barely getting by and grazing something as is common for more square stances, or have loads of clearance in a much more sideways stance (or anywhere in between).

Reactions: bbb

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Niel's content is top notch. Very informative and simply explained for Middle-Low to Middle-High level players. Super guy and probably my favorite Euro (or at least top 3). Now if we can only get rid of some of the clowns on YT clogging up space with Pseudoscience or just plane dumb ideas.