no one pocket at Expo

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disappointed that there will be no one pocket at super billiards expo this year ! Enjoyed buying a hot dog and drink , then sitting and watching the big dogs play a game of strategy at a high level!
allen and jr please reconsider as players and us pool lovers enjoy this game!:thumbup:

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disappointed that there will be no one pocket at super billiards expo this year ! Enjoyed buying a hot dog and drink , then sitting and watching the big dogs play a game of strategy at a high level!
allen and jr please reconsider as players and us pool lovers enjoy this game!:thumbup:
I'm disappointed too. That and the 3 cushion events were the only pro events that you didn't have to pay extra to watch.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

My old friend would’ve been disappoint as well

28C60844-67A7-4B6D-81C3-29624B67D4D5.jpeg

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah same here, I been getting very interested in One Pocket the last couple of years and don't many opportunities to watch at a pro level.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Major Bummer, the one pocket event was really a top reason for me to even attend the event. I am considering skipping this year.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Allen made it so a real pro could only play in the 1 pocket or the 10 ball. Because a player would have to forfeit any overlapping matches, which would have definitely happened. So all the true pros minus Appleton chose the 10 ball.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Allen made it so a real pro could only play in the 1 pocket or the 10 ball. Because a player would have to forfeit any overlapping matches, which would have definitely happened. So all the true pros minus Appleton chose the 10 ball.

Yeah, this is correct. Although Kiamco was in it as well one year as well with Appleton, I think.

One of my friends locally plays pretty sporty and I enjoyed watching him match up at that event.

He did play Appleton and it made my head explode how easily Darren beat my friend.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Allen could run both events with the top pros, I’m sure the one pocket would be a big draw.

DCC does it with 400 players in each event. The expo has 64 in the 10 ball (often with byes), and 32 in the one hole (again with byes).

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it's sad to see, I can't say it comes as a surprise. The finals of the One Pocket were being played last year to the sights and sounds of moving trucks, and the bar tables being moved out of the place. Unless they can find a way to run the event along side everything else while still paying it the respect that is deserved, I can understand the move.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
What are you all smoking? There were like 2 actual pros in it. The rest were local philly bangers.
Yes. Some couldn't even bother to ditch the sweat pants for a day.
And maybe Darren won't have to forfeit anything this year!!

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you all smoking? There were like 2 actual pros in it. The rest were local philly bangers.

Why don't you play some of those local one pocket bangers if you come here ?
This event is mainly for the non pros to buy, play and watch their friends play!
SBE has more amateurs events , we locals enjoy watching and the one pocket was something some of us enjoyed .
Diversity is a good thing it was not promoted to be a pro event by the way so it would not be competition for the paying arena .
They had a dress code if it was not enforced whos fault was that?
I doubt that is true also .
Let me know if you desire a opportunity to play one of these bangers I know a few who I think can play a little!
At your old pool room on table 2 even no adjustment or weight lets do $200 a game 5 game minimum
I am not a better but a investor

Last edited: