Non-Matching Collar

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Stan the Caddy makes an appearance. Welcome!

e49d9060-cdf5-4489-a800-dc61ad989b53_text.gif

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are looking at the joint while shooting, you are doing it wrong ;)

Any other time not in the middle of a shot should not be distracting. I have pretty much all of my shaft collars be plain black, and with a narrow ring when possible, that way they look fine with just about any cue as far as matching them goes.
Hell’s bell’s, that explains why I can’t play! 🤣

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need some psychological counseling. I have a fancy cue as my player with a white joint. Lately I have become very happy shooting with a Jacoby Ultra Pro shaft and it fits on the cue in question but the collar on the shaft is black. So they don't match. The diameters match and the height of the collar looks fine above the joint so the only problem is the black/white contrast. I'm trying to get used to this and not worry about it but my fussy nature and fondness for symmetry are keeping me from feeling good about the contrast. I started focusing on pros' cues on Accu-Stats videos and don't see many with a contrast and I haven't seen many at pool halls either. I know CF shafts don't match with most cues and I don't like this either.

Would this bother you and if not why not?

Thanks I need a pool hall psychologist for a number of issues but am trying to solve this one first.

And I don't want to pay for a custom shaft/shaft modification.

Thanks.
I actually like my cue to have miss matched ring work (I am the same about rifle furniture). I like the mindset of sports equipment rather than piece of art.

I do require that shafts fit flush with the same diameter as the butt. Otherwise some contrast is cool in my book.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screw this on your butt and you won't even notice the collar mismatch. My kids thought it was funny to decorate for me!

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 45