NorCal pool

Ball-Buster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to be in the SFBay area alot starting next month. Can anyone enlighten me a bit about the pool scene in northern california?

Where to play, which halls are nice, and which tourneys are good?

Also, who are the players out there to watch or play. Even if it is a lesson.

:smile:

Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool halls: Family in SF, Broken Rack in Emeryville; California Billiard Club in Mountain View; Edgies in Milpitas. The first two seem to have the most action. Edgies has six carom tables (besides a lot of pool tables). I usually play at CBC.

On The Break News is a regional pool magazine that lists tournaments: http://www.onthebreaknews.com/TheBreak.htm
Some of them are handicapped, but usually they will let a stranger play.

Ball-Buster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob and Scott.

I will check out those places, and go see Mr. Seymour.

Any action still at Hard Times? Is Sacramento the one to go to other than BellFlower?

Ball-Buster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob and Scott.

Any action still at Hard Times? Is Sacramento the one to go to other than BellFlower?

ps. I am always looking for a reasonable game and/or help playing

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Edgies has a 8 ball handicap tourney on Tuesday nights, a 9 ball on Wednesday nights.

If you are interested in seeing 3 cushion played, edgies has some good players. I watch them to get ideas for the pocket tables.

Edgies has two tables that will test your pocketing skills. They are mean tables.

I play there since its close to me. If you or anyone in the area, wants to play some 8 ball or 14.1, I'm always looking for new people to play.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball-Buster...Tom's number is on his site. You might find action at Hard Times Sacramento or at The Jointed Cue, also in Sactown (Bellflower is 400 miles south). I'm sure John Henderson (jrhendy on here) could hook you up, or steer you to somebody.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Thanks Bob and Scott.

ps. I am always looking for a reasonable game and/or help playing

Ball-Buster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

I appreciate all the info you are willing to share.
I am moving with my job, close to Milpitas... Somewhere close to North San Jose or SouthBay area.

NickV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate all the info you are willing to share.
I am moving with my job, close to Milpitas... Somewhere close to North San Jose or SouthBay area.

Don't live in Milipitas if you can. ;)

CBC in Mountain View is great, but Edgies might be closer to where you end up living.