Nothing special but I like it

I picked up a pool cue the other day it's a player's c960 with the purex low deflection 11.75mm shaft on it with a medium tiger Everlast tip and the lucasi hard case and a vapor glove and sent a couple weight bolts and spent like 170 for all.
So go ahead and let me hear the good and the bad it doesn't matter to me because I do like the cue regardless what other people may think

Attachments

• 16223281265332442833453247554540.jpg
    16223281265332442833453247554540.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 1622328191177740122228220011380.jpg
    1622328191177740122228220011380.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 16223282194576558718840154574889.jpg
    16223282194576558718840154574889.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 16223286140892741652290827815028.jpg
    16223286140892741652290827815028.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 1622328648677765401407938100432.jpg
    1622328648677765401407938100432.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 162

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will make a good bar bangin cue. Wont have to worry about your expensive ones getting banged up or pilfered.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a pool cue the other day it's a player's c960 with the purex low deflection 11.75mm shaft on it with a medium tiger Everlast tip and the lucasi hard case and a vapor glove and sent a couple weight bolts and spent like 170 for all.
So go ahead and let me hear the good and the bad it doesn't matter to me because I do like the cue regardless what other people may think
Made in same factory as Lucasi and Predator. Players are good cues at a good price.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I bought two recently to fill-in the cue rack with the 4 house cues. Seem like a great value, I added them to keep any newbie guests from thinking they would share my personal cues in a casual game. Think people often gravitate to the nicer looking pool cue without even thinking. And have no concept on how to move a cue around a table without bouncing it off rails, walls, and other cues. 😖

So these are basically Honey Pot cues. Good deal for the $$ but not something I'd want to use that often. Why'd you get it, what were you using before?

Last edited:
I bought two recently to fill-in the cue rack with the 4 house cues. Seem like a great value, I added them to keep any newbie guests from thinking they would share my personal cues in a casual game. Think people often gravitate to the nicer looking pool cue without even thinking. And have no concept on how to move a cue around a table without bouncing it off rails, walls, and other cues. 😖

So these are basically Honey Pot cues. Good deal for the $$ but not something I'd want to use that often. Why'd you get it, what were you using before?
A old cheap cue that was soppost to be a viper but had no marks so probably a Asia one. And some house cues and a old viking that was messed up when I got it someone ground the tip down to about a 9mm and messed furel up on it as well and the shaft had been cracked and glued at one time. And I was wanting a cue with a 11.75mm tip low deflect shaft and wrapped and has a lifetime warranty against warping that's why I didn't just get a viking shaft. I wish I could afford the best cue but no such luck

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
A old cheap cue that was soppost to be a viper but had no marks so probably a Asia one. And some house cues and a old viking that was messed up when I got it someone ground the tip down to about a 9mm and messed furel up on it as well and the shaft had been cracked and glued at one time. And I was wanting a cue with a 11.75mm tip low deflect shaft and wrapped and has a lifetime warranty against warping that's why I didn't just get a viking shaft. I wish I could afford the best cue but no such luck
Sounds like an upgrade from that mess. lol

I find the shafts on mine a little whippy but your pureX shaft might make up for that. I also didn't care for the balance (or lack thereof) but in fairness I am used to what I shoot so cues different I wouldn't immediately care for. It's hard to beat for a hundoish...

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue. And when you're ready to upgrade to a more solid hitting and better sounding shaft, you can get the Lucasi Hybrid Zero Flexpoint Slim (11.75mm) shaft 5/16x18 thread, and then your Pure-X shaft is your backup. Both shafts have the same deflection.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I think, for me personally, the biggest sacrifice that is made with cheaper cues is the weight distribution / balance of the butt. Cheap cues generally don't get this quite right and you never get the feeling of the cue floating in the hand. I think the cheapest cues I've tried that had good balance was a low end McDermott G-series. But even some McDermott cues have weight distribution issues, especially older ones. Occationally you get lucky with a cheap cue, but usually they feel unbalanced compared to expensive and well made cues.

Obviously the cheaper cues generally do not hit very solidly, but generally you get used to it and it doesn't really impact the game much. The cueball still does all the work it needs to. In the end, the cue is a stick with some leather stuck onto it. With todays technology and knowhow, it's really hard to mess up something so simple.

The appearance of the cue is a matter of taste and personal preference and may not be important at all to some people.

I would warn against some of the cheaper China made cues. I bought a 40 dollar McDermott Lucky cue and after two break shots major glue joints started failing inside the butt. The cue is now useless as it makes a terrible noise and the feel is completely ruined, even though it is straight. I reglued some of the failed spots (for instance the joint collar), but can't do anything about the insides. Thinking of cutting it up and making it a jump cue.

Last edited:

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Play with what you like. My good friend Bruce Campbell RIP routinely made a ton of money hustling with a broom handle, seriously I watched him do it all the time. The secret keep it chalked and shaped.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I think, for me personally, the biggest sacrifice that is made with cheaper cues is the weight distribution / balance of the butt. Cheap cues generally don't get this quite right and you never get the feeling of the cue floating in the hand. I think the cheapest cues I've tried that had this was a McDermott G-series. But even some McDermott cues have weight distribution issues, especially older ones. Occationally you get lucky with a cheap cue, but usually they feel unbalanced compared to expensive and well made cues.
G series can run up about a grand or more. You meant you felt weight issues on those? Your paragraph was confusing. I can see that for Lucky's and Star's but I don't call those McDermott cues since McDermott doesn't make them. But as I said in the earlier post, I totally agree the OP's cue had no balance and most cheap cues don't.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The bad is that you posted this to hear opinions you don't care about LOL

It's a fine cue to use, no issues with the hit of that shaft, I have used them for years, LD qualities is on the lower side of things but that does not matter if you can play well with it.