OB Cues to Sponsor TAR 29

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
We just picked up OB Cues as the event sponsor for TAR 29: Van Boening vs Orcollo. We would like to thank Royce and Shane at OB for their continued support of TAR.

The guys at OB just had a really slick promo ad made to run on TV in Asia for an event they are sponsoring over there. It is one of the best quality ads I have seen in the entire industry and I hope you guys will check it out. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIo47d-mUQ

We hope everyone will join us this weekend for an amazing match up between two of the worlds best. Shane will be on the TAR Podcast tomorrow night at 9 PM Eastern and we are hoping Dennis can swing by as well.
 
Thanks Justin. We are happy to be involved in another TAR match and I know that this is one match that plenty of people have been waiting for (myself included). Thank you for the nice comment regarding our new commercial, took a lot of work and I am glad that you like it. I hope the TAR match is a great success and I can't wait to watch it!
 
We just picked up OB Cues as the event sponsor for TAR 29: Van Boening vs Orcollo. We would like to thank Royce and Shane at OB for their continued support of TAR.

The guys at OB just had a really slick promo ad made to run on TV in Asia for an event they are sponsoring over there. It is one of the best quality ads I have seen in the entire industry and I hope you guys will check it out. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIo47d-mUQ

We hope everyone will join us this weekend for an amazing match up between two of the worlds best. Shane will be on the TAR Podcast tomorrow night at 9 PM Eastern and we are hoping Dennis can swing by as well.

That ad spot is being shown in Asia? Uh oh. With the fact that this video made it super easy to see how the shafts are made (nearly step-by-step), one would expect a rash of copycat OB product forgeries coming out of China.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to not only the match, but the PODcasts as well!

-Sean
 
That ad spot is being shown in Asia? Uh oh. With the fact that this video made it super easy to see how the shafts are made (nearly step-by-step), one would expect a rash of copycat OB product forgeries coming out of China.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to not only the match, but the PODcasts as well!

-Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the comments. The ad spot is being shown in Asia but is also now on our website and facebook and youtube pages so anyone that wants to view it should now have a chance to. The video does have some cool images showing the shaft construction but as you can imagine, there is a TON of stuff that we do to the shaft that isn't shown due to the fact that the commercial needed to be 30 seconds long and also the fact that many of the processes that are involved in making our shafts aren't that exciting to put on screen (although very important to the overall construction and performance of the shaft)

Most manufacturers have to deal with some form of copy cat products but we don't feel that the information shown in the video will make this anymore prevelant. Thanks for the feedback though and I hope you enjoy the podcast and the TAR match.
 
Team OB stopped by to hang out and practice a little with Shane. Shane won.

200802_4425563516942_1771131349_n.jpg
 
Doc and I stopped by again last night after we got everything setup for the APA tournament that starts today.

Dennis was there hitting balls when we got there. He is always impressive.

Shane came in later, and Dennis left as soon as he arrived.

Both practiced their 8 ball and 10 ball breaks. This is going to be a great match! Both are breaking very well!

Both are pocketing balls with speed and spin. Not an easy task on this table. It's pretty fast, and the pockets are not very forgiving. The pockets are small, but the cloth is at that stage where the ball has to be right for it to go in. Not like the fresh new cloth with slide that will accept a lot of shots.

This is going to be a great match!
 
Back
Top