OB1 Carbon Fiber Pad

jeffreyek

I've been away from playing for a few years but some friends have got me hooked again. I'm considering a OB1 shaft and don't have any experience with their "Carbon Fiber Pad'. I like to replace my own tips but don't have a lot of experience. Is it hard to get the fiber pad if it needs to be replaced and how difficult is it to replace? Is it necessary to have the carbon pad or can a tip be applied directly to the ferrule?

Jeff

RBC

Deceased
Jeffrey

Maybe I can answer this for you!

Yes, you can replace your owns tips with our cue shafts. Take a look at our website, www.obcues.com, and go to the Care and Repairs section.

The Carbon Fiber pad is necessary, but do not have to be replaced often. In fact, if done properly, the pad can last virtually forever. Of course, they are available directly from us. Installing the tip without one will result in ferrule problems.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
When I had my OB1 shaft, I change the tip with no problems. The pad is no different than the top of a ferrule, just dont go shaving that puppy down, and you will be fine. Also, in case you didnt know it, RBC is Royce, the man in charge at OB cues and shafts:grin: Hows the R and D with the white ferrules coming along Royce?

Joe

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I had my OB1 shaft, I change the tip with no problems.

I agree, Just because it looks different some people think they're going to be problems replacing the tip but I have changed my tip on my OB-1, 3 or 4 times and the fiber pad is not an issue. Just take the same care and attention you would with any other quality shaft and you will be fine.

jeffreyek

Thanks guys, it good to get feedback from someone who has replaced tips on this shaft and hear that it isn't a big deal:smile:

Jeff

RBC

Deceased
When I had my OB1 shaft, I change the tip with no problems. The pad is no different than the top of a ferrule, just dont go shaving that puppy down, and you will be fine. Also, in case you didnt know it, RBC is Royce, the man in charge at OB cues and shafts:grin: Hows the R and D with the white ferrules coming along Royce?

Joe

Joe,

I will say that you will start to see some new banner ads up soon announcing a new product from us. It's a "Classic"!

Watch for the ads!

Royce Bunnell

JCurry

can I use my mulligan?
Silver Member
I have replaced the tip on my OB-1 at least twice now and did not have any issues with the carbon fiber pad either time.

jeffreyek

Royce,
I ordered a shaft today, I can't wait! I will contact you if I have any questions.

Thank you,
Jeff

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Joe,

I will say that you will start to see some new banner ads up soon announcing a new product from us. It's a "Classic"!

Watch for the ads!

Royce Bunnell

I am excited! This is gonna be great! Ill have to put a little cash aside so that I can try out a "classic" hehehe. Thanks Royce.

Joe

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I had to replace the tip and pad on one of my OB-2 shafts. The carbon pad is oversized and will need to be trimmed flush to the ferrule. I do not own a lathe w/carbide cutting tip, but was able to do a beautiful job with a diamond impregnated nail file and some 1500 grit wet or dry. Be sure to follow instructions about resealing the balsa inner core prior to installing a new carbon pad.....Dan