So a little over a year ago, I moved back to Brooklyn and I haven't really had the chance to go hunting for a local room to play in. Initially, I sorta wrote-off Brownstone Billiards since the last time I went there (perhaps 3 or 4 years ago), it looked no different than it did 3 years before that. Since then, they've obviously renovated and have a league going on so it's easy to say things have changed.
Before I go down there which will likely be sometime this week, I was hoping I could hear what some people here had to say about the place. Are there a lot of regulars? If so, are they gamblers and/or league players? How's the equipment now? The pics show some well-clothed tables but I see a few faded ones as well. I also see a lot of other activities (bowling, air hockey, videogames). Is it distractingly loud or do the sounds kinda blend?
By far, this is the closest room to me so I'm hoping it could serve as a pleasant local alternative from time to time. Anything that you can say about the place would be appreciated.
http://www.oceans8atbrownstone.com/
Before I go down there which will likely be sometime this week, I was hoping I could hear what some people here had to say about the place. Are there a lot of regulars? If so, are they gamblers and/or league players? How's the equipment now? The pics show some well-clothed tables but I see a few faded ones as well. I also see a lot of other activities (bowling, air hockey, videogames). Is it distractingly loud or do the sounds kinda blend?
By far, this is the closest room to me so I'm hoping it could serve as a pleasant local alternative from time to time. Anything that you can say about the place would be appreciated.
http://www.oceans8atbrownstone.com/