OCRULLO vs.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I've never heard of any set that is potentially as long, except when Jack Cooney played James Walden Eight Ahead One Pocket for 100K at Derby City some years back. That one took almost four full days to finish.

Do you remember exactly how they match up for that match?

And of course, who got the cash? 100K is a lot of dough.
Thanks,
JoeyA

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Do you remember exactly how they match up for that match?

And of course, who got the cash? 100K is a lot of dough.
Thanks,
JoeyA

Jack got small weight, like 9-8. And he eventually took it down. I had a little piece of his action, compliments of Mark Betor, his main backer.

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
Anything yet on the second set of rotation?

And thanks so much for the updates so far, Tony.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BazookaJoe said:

And thanks so much for the updates so far, Tony.

15 ahead playing Rotation????? It's too early to ask for results. Come back next week!
bounce1.gif

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BazookaJoe said:
Just wondering who's ahead.

I doubt if we will be able to see the finish line in this match-up playing 15
ahead Rotation unless somebody can catch lightning in a bottle, and fast!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
BazookaJoe said:

There has been alot of action at Hammer Heads Billiards.
Donnie Mills was on the hill in a 750 jellybean seven ahead match against Warren Kiamco when he missed a 2-9 combination and LOST the seven ahead match and the cheeeeeeeeese.

Richie Orem has been playing Edwin Montal some nineball matches and won 1,000 jellybeans and then lost 500 and they're about to start again this afternoon (in a few minutes).

Richie Orem won two sets for 500 jellybeans each against Tyler Edey.

Tyler Edey beat local Brian Davalos for 300 jellybeans playing a set of nineball and giving Brian the eightball.

Local good player Trevor Braymore played Montal a race to 11 for 1,000 jellybeans and it went hill-hill and Montal won.

Now, to answer your original question:
Corey Deuel has been playing Dennis Orcullo 15 ahead Rotation for 3,000 jellybeans. Corey won the the set for 3,000.

The second set has been ongoing and Corey was as far ahead as 11 at one point and then the sharking began. Corey was unmercifully sharked over and over by Orcullo, Warren Kiamco, Edwin Montal and Tyler Edey and eventually the score went back to 0-0 and corey Deuel QUIT in disgust...

I thought the 'good gambler' that Dennis Orcullo is reputed to be, would put Dennis above these types of tactics....

Doug
( earning my good Rep points ) :)

cheemagun

gettin there...
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Donnie Mills was on the hill in a 750 jellybean seven ahead match against Warren Kiamco when he missed a 2-9 combination and LOST the seven ahead match and the cheeeeeeeeese.

Richie Orem has been playing Edwin Montal some nineball matches and won 1,000 jellybeans and then lost 500 and they're about to start again this afternoon (in a few minutes).

Tyler Edey beat local Brian Davalos for 300 jellybeans playing a set of nineball and giving Brian the eightball.

Local good player Trevor Braymore played Montal a race to 11 for 1,000 jellybeans and it went hill-hill and Montal won.

Corey Deuel has been playing Dennis Orcullo 15 ahead Rotation for 3,000 jellybeans. Corey won the the set for 3,000.

The second set has been ongoing and Corey was as far ahead as 11 at one point and then the sharking began. Corey was unmercifully sharked over and over by Orcullo, Warren Kiamco, Edwin Montal and Tyler Edey and eventually the score went back to 0-0 and corey Deuel QUIT in disgust...

I thought the 'good gambler' that Dennis Orcullo is reputed to be, would put Dennis above these types of tactics....

Doug

FILL US IN !!

What kind of tactics ??

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
That's Why God Created BOPs

cheemagun said:
FILL US IN !!

What kind of tactics ??

Dennis wouldn't sit or be still when Corey was at the table. He was walking around the table and fidgeting. The other three were on the adjoining table and were jumping up on the table (their table) running around the table and slamming cues and the rack on the table.. all while Corey was attempting to shoot his shots. It took it's toll on Corey (who was UP at the time) and he pulled up at 0-0... and I don't blame him.
I hate that crap.
Doug
( sometimes a BOP on the nose is warranted.... imo ) :)

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
After met Dennis and seen him play live I find it tard to believe Dennis were sharking, but you never know...

Anyway: Corey won the first set of 15-ahead rotation????? That's even harder to believe... (but you never know)

Hail Mary Shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:

Doug

I thought Dennis won on the first night? now it seems Cory won. :confused:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Dennis wouldn't sit or be still when Corey was at the table. He was walking around the table and fidgeting. The other three were on the adjoining table and were jumping up on the table (their table) running around the table and slamming cues and the rack on the table.. all while Corey was attempting to shoot his shots. It took it's toll on Corey (who was UP at the time) and he pulled up at 0-0... and I don't blame him.
I hate that crap.
Doug
( sometimes a BOP on the nose is warranted.... imo ) :)

Did you see the sharking yourself, Doug?
JoeyA

biggame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to Corey this afternoon and he said he lost the first set and quit the second set.. He also said that he would love to play dennis some 9 ball but he didnt have a stake horse he didnt want to play someone like dennis 9 ball for 3000...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:

Doug

Something fishy here. I had heard that Dennis won the first set of Rotation with Corey. Makes me question the veracity of this post. Is this hearsay or an eye witness account?

Hail Mary Shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pardon Me DOUG, you're not drunk while typing your last post, aren't you? your first post said that Dennis won the first set and even gave a link to Tony C.'s website regarding the match, now you said that Corey won a set? Who was your source Doug or was it an eye-witness acct? if someone telegraphed you some personal news, then somebody is playing BullCrap around here.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Hail Mary Shot said:
Pardon Me DOUG, you're not drunk while typing your last post, aren't you? your first post said that Dennis won the first set and even gave a link to Tony C.'s website regarding the match, now you said that Corey won a set? Who was your source Doug or was it an eye-witness acct? if someone telegraphed you some personal news, then somebody is playing BullCrap around here.

Well, a young friend of mine that was in attendance, told me two days in a row that Corey had won the first set. Perhaps he was mistaken. I just put a call in to him and he didn't answer...
I only posted what I heard from people that were actually AT Hammer Heads. In their defense, there was ALOT of action going on at multiple tables and if they didn't have a piece, they may not have gotten the info correct.
Some people are not Prossesional sweators and don't know the importance of taking notes and accuracy in information.
I guess from now on, I'll only report what I see with my own two eyes..
Doug
( anyone care to hear about my bad beats at the poker tables over the past two days ? (I have them written down and they're ACCURATE )

My friend just called me back and said that he was TOLD that Corey lost the first set, won two sets and lost the fourth set and pulled up at 0-0 in the final set. He was present to watch much of the action, but he wasn't present the entire time for every game & set and relied on a friend of his for the 'who was ahead' information.
My friend deals poker 5 nights a week, has a part time job, was at Hammer Heads all three nights watching the action, is playing in the APA City Finals as I type this and deals poker tonight. He keeps very busy..
sorry for any mis-information.

biggame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They only played 2 sets dennis won the first and they quit at even in the 2nd set..

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
biggame said:
They only played 2 sets dennis won the first and they quit at even in the 2nd set..

That's the way that I understood it also. Thanks.
Doug
( I just HATE relying on second hand reports/info )

Hail Mary Shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Well, a young friend of mine that was in attendance, told me two days in a row that Corey had won the first set. Perhaps he was mistaken. I just put a call in to him and he didn't answer...
I only posted what I heard from people that were actually AT Hammer Heads. In their defense, there was ALOT of action going on at multiple tables and if they didn't have a piece, they may not have gotten the info correct.
Some people are not Prossesional sweators and don't know the importance of taking notes and accuracy in information.
I guess from now on, I'll only report what I see with my own two eyes..
Doug
( anyone care to hear about my bad beats at the poker tables over the past two days ? (I have them written down and they're ACCURATE )

My friend just called me back and said that he was TOLD that Corey lost the first set, won two sets and lost the fourth set and pulled up at 0-0 in the final set. He was present to watch much of the action, but he wasn't present the entire time for every game & set and relied on a friend of his for the 'who was ahead' information.
My friend deals poker 5 nights a week, has a part time job, was at Hammer Heads all three nights watching the action, is playing in the APA City Finals as I type this and deals poker tonight. He keeps very busy..
sorry for any mis-information.

That's OK Doug, I was hoping the next info will be about Dennis winning with a pair of Cowboys ! :D I miss Poker ! :(