Off to a good start for a 20 week season!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Melinda said:
hey chilli66, what room is this out of?

My usual haunt, Volcano's in Hurst.

I'd have to say the Thursday league is tougher than the Wednesday one when you look at some of the players involved but we're 1st in both now. Let's see if we can keep it up tonight!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chilli66 said:
My usual haunt, Volcano's in Hurst.

I'd have to say the Thursday league is tougher than the Wednesday one when you look at some of the players involved but we're 1st in both now. Let's see if we can keep it up tonight!

Well my thursday night league is a lot more tuff too, and it is a handicap system! Right now we are in a 4 way tie for first as it just started last week. We took 6 rounds out of 7. So we are 6-1 right now!

Hopefully all my practicing is starting to pay off. I even got one hell of a compliment last night so I am glad that I am starting to shine a little bit.

Now if I could just win a freaking match at a Fast Eddie's tourny!!!!!! LOL

Good luck Chilli!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Tonight was a nightmare!

We had to give our opponents a 20ball spot, which really shouldn't have been a big deal but we didn't play our best. Me especially. I won 1 of 4 racks, dogging an easy corner pocket shot to lose the first & a miscue that caused me all kinds of problems in rack 3. Just really bad errors on my part. We ended up winning by 2 points, thanks mainly to our star player who has yet to drop a single rack!

I'm blaming my performance on messing up my pre-game ritual. I dozed off this afternoon & woke up just before 7pm thinking "Oh crap! I gotta go!"

No more pool until Wednesday now for me. I feel like I need a break after tonight. Of course, tomorrow is another day!:)

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
A mixed bag this week. We won again both nights, I won 3 of 4 on Wednesday but only 2 of 4 last night. Even our best player dropped 2 racks, the first he's lost in 5 weeks!

I'm hoping to play better next week, I wasn't in the best frame of mind this week.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Half Way Point!

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12

This week we scraped by again! I was 0 for 4 this week too! That was the worst I have shot all season!

I think I had too much on my mind this week, but hopefully that will change.

Hopefully we will get back in slaughter mode this week!

Thursday night my team isn't doing to bad either

5 - 2
3 - 4
6 - 1

So we aren't doing too bad for Thursday as well!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back on Track!

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5

Well we got back on track this week and broke 20 points again! It is about time we pull up out of our rut! Hopefully we can have an undefeated season! Actually I would rather win the championship than to worry about an undefeated season.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
It'd be even nicer if you get both!:D

I'm happy to say my head was back to normal this week as we won our matches. Wednesday we had to give up a pretty big spot but ate it up fast enough. Thursday was a little closer but we pulled it off, I didn't shoot so well but the whole night was a blast! We now have 2 weeks of playoffs to finalise the standings but the way it works I think we have the winners spot sewn up!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Another week, another 2 wins! Wednesday wasn't the toughest of games & we took it easily enough. It was the penultimate week of our Thursday league & we were on for a perfect game until the last 4 games, sadly two of us dropped racks. We've got 1st place sewn up though so real damage done, just would've been nice to do it!

On a less happy note we found out this week that our teammate who has been ill for some time has been diagnosed with cancer. He has a lot of treatment ahead of him & we're all rooting for him. Everyone in the PH signed a card for him & donated some cash. Really nice of them, they're a damn good crowd in there. I'm sure that'll bring a smile to his face, along with the trophies he has coming to him.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12

We slipped again this week, and I think it is because everyone is loosing interest. The compitition in our division is pretty stinking easy.

So hopefully when we get to the playoffs we will remember how to bring the rain! Cause there are some good teams that will be in the playoffs.

My game has been rock solid since dumping my g/f (ex-wife). So I am feeling pretty good I can help carry the team.

We only have about 8 weeks left and then there will be like a 2 week break before playoffs due to Christmas and New Years! So we will have to see what happens. I have already told the team to make plans on playing at my house those two weeks.

It will do them good to stay in practice.

On a side note on my Thursday team we won 7-0, and I won all of my games!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
There was no Wednesday league this week due to Halloween. Shame, pool beats trick or treat any day in my book!

As for our Thursday league, it was the last week of the season. We played the team in 2nd place & lost! It didn't really matter as we were assured of the number one spot but it's still not nice to lose.

In the individual rankings our skipper ended up tied for 1st place. So he & the other guy decided to play race to 5 for the trophy. I'm happy to say the big guy won 5-0! He deserves it, he plays a good game & is a damn nice bloke. Also an AZB member (loc712) but he never posts!!

Next Thursday will be trophies & tournament night. Then we start a fresh league on the 29th. I need to concentrate on the Wednesday league, I'm currently top of the individual rankings & I want that trophy! Trouble is, that darn loc712 is snapping at my heels!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you are really trying to be top dog on Wed night! I wish you luck at that my friend. I hope that you snap it off. As for us we had a guy quit on us this Wed. He is being a cry baby and saying that he isn't getting to play enough. He has played more than anyone else on the team and has even missed a week and still has more games played than anyone else! He was the same guy crying to me last year too. So the whole team said to heck with him! We are still just coasting along though, and I hope that we change our mind set. I don't want us getting too comfortable. Here are the scores.

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12 again!

We only have 7 more weeks, then a 2 week break before the playoffs. Christmas and New Years will mess up playoffs this year, but hopefully the whole team will wind up at my house and we can gamble or play a small tourny or something to keep our skill level up for playoffs!

My Thursday league we started out in 3rd place last night and we were only 2 rounds behind 1st and 2nd. We played horrible last night and lost 5-2. So it looks like we will be sitting 4th or 5th next week. We have the potential to turn it all back around though.

On a good note I won some cash last night after league! That is another post though! LOL

Good luck Chilli!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Sometimes a loss can be a good thing, gives you a wake up call. I had to smile when you said you'd won some cash. I always say I never play for money but 2 weeks ago I broke my rule after our league game. Played some 8 ball for $20 a rack, it was back & forth a lot but I ended up $120 better off.

Played the same guy last week but I had to give him the 8. I was up for awhile but the stakes went up & I lost the big games. First for $50 a rack then finally $100. I ended up even but I was pissed, I should've made some good money. Good fun though, and it's true what they say, it really does help you play under pressure.

I know I'll have other opportunities, almost did it again last night but I had to leave.

I don't blame you for ditching that guy who whines, crap like that will only hurt your team. You'll be better off in the long run. Keep up the good work my friend, I'll raise a glass to your success!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6

We are back on track................maybe! LOL

Guess we will wait to see next week!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
txplshrk said:
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6

We are back on track................maybe! LOL

Guess we will wait to see next week!

Keep up the good work my friend!

We won tonight but it was closer than it should've been. I managed another perfect score but I should've been given a zero in one rack. The guy messed up & I got out. The team in 2nd place lost so we're pulling further ahead now with 4 weeks to go.

We just weren't in a good mindset tonight. We had some bad news about our teammate who's sick just before the match started. I'll be starting a thread about that. Please read it.

Tomorrow is presentation night & tourney for the Thursday league. Hopefully we'll do well in that to cap off the season.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Time for a pic of the Thursday league winners, or 4 of them at least.

winnerssmall1.JPG

From left to right: Josh Horne, Steve Horne (loc712), Larry Land, Ade Brooks (chilli66)
The big trophy in the back was Steve's for winning the individual rankings. Very, very nice trophy (I wanted to swap it for mine!)

As for the end of season tourney, we did pretty well. 3 of the last 4 players were from our team! I scraped past Steve to get into the hotseat & then Larry & I split the pot (it was getting late plus he probably would've whupped me!)

Not a bad way to finish. It was very nice to see 6 trophies lined up for us, so all members of the team got one. One will be on its way shortly to Houston, hopefully to help put a smile on the face of a guy who deserves it very much.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6
18 - 9 (We win by forefit, so we only get 18 points :( )

We won by a forefit, I think teams aren't wanting to play us now cause I think next week will be a forefit again.

Oh well...............undefeated still.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
txplshrk said:
Oh well...............undefeated still.

Best way to be!:D

We had a close game on Wednesday but squeaked it by 10 points. There are only 4 games left now & we'd have to lose every one badly to be knocked off the top. I shot my third perfect score in a row to extend my lead in the individual rankings.

On Thursday we had another tourney while we wait for that league to start again. For the second week in a row I made it to the hotseat but unlike last week we played the final game. I came very close to getting double dipped but hung on for the win! I think I like these tournies!!:D

Sadly, no league or tourney due to Thanksgiving. I may just have to go out & practice.

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6
18 - 9 (We win by forefit, so we only get 18 points )
23 - 4

Only 4 more weeks of regular season play! We are still undefeated. Then the playoffs start after the new year!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
What's the old saying "All good things come to an end?" That was our unbeaten record that went bust last night!

The team we played had 3 subs who are pretty fine players, add to that us not playing well & giving them 13 points. The points shouldn't have been that much of a problem but it just wasn't our night. I started off with a dry break against a guy who has a good record against me & thought I was gonna get a zero but he gave me a chance. 2 safeties left me a tough but gettable runout which I made.

I lost my 2nd rack when I miscued & scratched trying to get on the 8! Game over. Rack 3 I broke & ran, very happy with that but the final rack was just a mess, both of us missing easy shots.

The team in 2nd place had a very good win & made up some ground on us. It's not over yet but I doubt we'll have another night like that!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Well, the new season of our Thursday league has yet to start. One team is still short of a player. Ours!:eek: I suggested to our skipper last night that we advertise on AZB for someone. These were the requirements I came up with:

1. Must be able to run racks at will.
2. Must like to buy drinks for teammates all night, every night.

There must be someone out there who fits that description!;)